Hotel V Nesplein(Amsterdam)
US$115
US$96
Agoda.com
1,873 results
All reviewsgreat locationeden hotelmini barfrosted glassnice hotelflower marketamstel riverjunior suitebars and restaurantscentral locationtram stopred light districtconciergenightlifestopseurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Off Rembrandt square, but there end the positive points.
Negatives: the room set up was such that the bathroom had glass panelling, semi frosted, so that minimum privacy was afforded. I chose to go on holiday with my wife, she is very intelligent and beautiful but I don't want to wake up to see her on the toilet. Maybe this is an issue with me rather than the hotel.
Amsterdam was very wet when we visited and returning to the room to dry and watch the TV for an hour we had the choice of BBC2 or Cbeebies. A minor inconvenience I understand, but unusual I'd suggest for a hotel of this rating not to have at least an English speaking news network.
The rooms smelt of smoke.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas6192013, Manager at Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam (formerly known as Hampshire Hotel Rembrandt Square), responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us.
We will use your comments regarding the bathroom and share this information with our hotel management.
We are happy to hear your nice words about Amsterdam.
We look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Location easy to get around from. We had room 12 which had a bit of a drain smell and no view only of two large fans so room was very dark and I couldn't see what the weather was like and the curtains were hanging off in places. It was reasonably quiet apart from the fact we had a locked door next to us and u needed to put your card in to come in and out so anyone using it made the door slam it made you jump waking you up. There were 12 of us and I think we had the worst room even though we booked together and booked well in advance and it wasn't particularly cheap and not breakfast included. We didn't eat there so I cannot comment on the food everything else was ok and clean etc. bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas6192013, Manager at Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam (formerly known as Hampshire Hotel Rembrandt Square), responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. We are happy to read that you had a great stay with us! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest in the future.

The Management

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've been many times in this hotel, whose best quality is the position in Rembrandt square. This time I booked for leisure not for business, and the room they gave me was really small, dark, unconfortable. 235 euro without breakfast in such room are really unacceptable, I was confident because in the past I received always a good treatment. I'll never come back there

Room Tip: Look to the room before accepting it!!!
1  Thank neno67

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to read we did not meet your expectations. We constantly work on improving our service and standards.
We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel is very centrally located off Rembrandtplein with good tram connections. Easy walking to most major sites. The staff was efficient and helpful. The rooms are clean, small and could use updating especially the carpeting which is very dated. We wanted a quiet room and took one facing the rear, no view but it was quiet and the rooms facing the street could be noisy.

Dear guest,

Thank you once more for sharing your experiences with us on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back as our guests in the future!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

You only get one chance to make a first impression and this one was awful. The front desk staff, not one, not two but three, one a "supervisor" I think treated my friend and I very rudely and were offensive. I just wanted to check in a couple hours early - this was a cardinal sin. But they could have been nice about it. We'd just gotten off about 12 hours of travel and were wiped but this got the blood roiling. Don't do this to yourself, there are too many better choices. Thankfully we were only there for one night before moving to a house boat.
Broken lampshade in room with lamp that didn't light. No remote in room. And the glass doors to the bathroom were awful even if you knew each other well! Back of the house staff - maintenance man and lady who brought up new light bulb were very nice - like they didn't fit in this hotel. Never again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Thomas6192013, Manager at Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam (formerly known as Hampshire Hotel Rembrandt Square), responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much in taking the time in writing your experiences in Tripadvisor. Good to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.