“Don't do it!”

Princess Hostel Amsterdam
Ranked #358 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed at 'Hotel Princess' for 3 nights during June 2014, as part of a group of 11 lads on a stag weekend. It must be said that this is the WORST accomodation that I have ever had the displeasure to stay in.

From reading reviews, we weren't expecting a lot, but arriving to fresh pubes on one of the pillows is just a disgrace! In addition to this, the room had dirty, brown stained blankets, no hot water and was generally dirty.

The communal showers had a big clump of hair/pube rat for the duration of our stay. The toilet cubicle would have been a tight squeeze even for the borrowers and the toilet seat was hanging off!

Our group was spread across three rooms and one of the rooms had bed bugs found in the bed.

For anyone looking to book a trip to Amsterdam, I would advise that you spend a little more money and stay somewhere that at least understands basic hygeine!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Okay so we get to the princess and walk in go up the stairs what look like they have not seen a hoover ever. We enter our room first thing we see is what looks to me like a sperm stain on the carpet as well as what may have been pubic hair inside the bed i say this as they was little black curly hairs.We had a room with two bunk beds and out of the four blankets not one looked clean brown stains all over them.Not sure how often the showers are cleaned as you walk in the one of the showers there was a lump of hair in the corner and was there for the four days we was there to top it off one of our other party members found bugs in his bed.The location on the other hand was very good was around 10 minute walk to the first amsterdam square i would go back to amsterdam but never again will i go to the princess unless it was flattened and rebuilt and then flattened and rebuilt again just to make sure!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank nospacesmatt
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Returned today from a 3 day stay in the Princess and must say we had the time of our lives. If you don't mind a lack of sleep due to noise, a place dirtier than sleeping outside on a bench and fancy laughing until you explode, then The Princess is for you. We booked 3 rooms of 4 beds for a stag do, and was literally laughing our heads off at the state of the place, especially when one of the group pulled back their duvet to discover a pile of pubic hair that had been left there by the previous occupant. We also had a couple of incidents of bed bug bites and found it hilarious when we saw a few in one of the beds. You are told not to open the windows, but the place does get quite hot and has a funny smell so we opened them anyway. The safe is €3 and the wifi is fast and free. The shared bathrooms are pretty well kept but do run out of toilet rolls and hand wash quite quickly. I recommend showering in your flip flops just incase as the place is a dive. I wouldn't stay at The Princess ever again, but I'm glad we did it because it made our stay so funny and memorable. The best thing about the hostel is it's location, you are close to everything that Amsterdam has to offer. We had the most amazing time in the Dam and part of that is down to The Princess, so I salute you and say thanks and farewell.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Catskill123
Reviewed 5 June 2014

So, this hotel/hostel is not only located in a great location, with trams running straight to Amsterdam Centraal Station right outside the premises, but it is also very accommodating. I had originally planned to arrive at 2200, already quite a late time to check in, however due to an issue I was going to be arriving at later than 1am!! Luckily, Manu was on duty and he arranged for me to be buzzed in (happily I arrived just past midnight), and had my room key card ready to go and I was in bed within 3 minutes of stepping foot in the building. VERY VERY happy with the staff here, especially Manu - first real piece of good luck in The Netherlands.

Wifi is also relatively quick, and beds are comfy too :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

When i booked this hostel and read the bad comentaries, i thouth people was exagerate. But now, my firts day here, im really disapointeded. First of all the equipe is very rude and impolite. The scalators is a nightmare! It make u regret to have leave your house with a luggagge (it is really terrible). About the room, its dirty and have a bad smell. I have been in others hostel with the same price and is the first time that i see a so bad place like this.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Engelien C
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I went there with a friend to stay only for one night (thank god). Once we arrived at 11 am the recepcionist told us that we had to leave our bags and come back at 2 pm because that was the check in time. We just wanted to use the toilet and change clothes and the ignorant recepcionist told us in these words: "You can't sit here, just leave the bags. I told you this already I thought you spoke english".

I don't understand how this place can call itself a hotel, the rooms are very noisy and small. And the bathroom/toilet is also small and dirty. Don't go to this place.

1  Thank Yololoan