“Perfect Again”
Review of B&B Jordaan

B&B Jordaan
Ranked #94 of 343 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 April 2014

another great week at the B&B Jordaan in the Garden Room, much warmer weather this time so the garden had started to bloom but all the great things we liked so much the last time were still there, fabulous breakfasts, quiet but very central area, everything you could want locally including two of the best markets's I've found in Europe just around the corner. great restaurants and pubs a couple of minutes' walk and of course Charlotte who is a mine of wonderful Amsterdam information, she even provided a brolly in case of a shower! can't wait to go back again, still loads we haven't seen/done.

Room Tip: definitely try to get the Garden Room, private garden and no Amsterdam stairs
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank archie503

Reviewed 27 March 2014

From our first contact with charlotte by email I knew this would be good. She was very friendly and welcoming when we arrived at 10pm.. Breakfast is served to your room and tea and coffee facilities in your room. I had requested a gluten free breakfast and that was no problem.
Any requests were no problem, extra pillow, towels, tea all brought immediately. This is a lovely place to stay with lots of restuarants within a 2 minute walk and is central for walking into town. Charlotte was helpful with directions and local information.
We would definitely recommend this lovely b&b in amsterdam.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

B&B was extremely clean, breakfasts were delicious (and different each day) and Charlotte was a lovely host - friendly and very helpful. We had the garden room and our teenagers had the first floor room overlooking the street. No problems with either. The B&B is located close to canals, trams and an easy walk or tram ride to major attractions. As it was mid-winter, we appreciated the excellent heating. Lack of common areas was not a problem - we enjoyed having breakfast in our room and the ability to make tea/coffee when we chose. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The garden room was lovely (and no stairi!) but the first floor room was also very pleasant, with no...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very clean B & B on a quiet street in Jordaan area. Easy tram ride into centre or walk to Anne Frank House. Good breakfast served in the room and coffee making facilites available at all times. Charlotte answers emails promptly and Dick, who looked after us in Charlotte's absence was very helpful and informative. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goldfinchUK
Reviewed 25 October 2013

my girlfriend an I stayed there for 4 nights from 8 Oct, it was really perfect and nice room. the owner was very nice and helped me a lot, he offered me free ticket for a museum and free breakfast , i would like to recommend this room to everyone

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and I just returned from Amsterdam (August 15, 2013), staying four nights at the B&B Jordaan, and it was a wonderful experience. I can't imagine accommodations being any better. It was centrally located - I am 77 and my wife 73 and we walked everywhere - with a tram and bus transportation, if desired, about 3 blocks away. The Anne Frank House is very close and numerous restaurants, pubs, etc. on every street. As a bonus, we were also served a BIG Holland breakfast every morning delivered to us in our room at the time we requested. Staff was so, so friendly, making us feel welcome from the moment we set foot inside. And, they were knowledgeable about the area and attractions in Amsterdam, giving us some good tips. If, or rather when, we return to Amsterdam, we will certainly stay here, if a room is available. A B&B is not a hotel; it is a like you are staying at a friend's or relative's house - giving you a warm, comfortable, homey feeling. We are from Austin, Texas, USA. Charlotte, the owner, was away on holiday with her family while we were there, but Saskia was a wonderful stand-in, and Marion did his best to help us feel welcome by providing some tips for getting around the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have only wonderful things to say about my stay at the b&b. My host Saskia was helpful, kind and lovely to talk to everyday. I was served really nice Dutch breakfast everyday and Saskia took care of my likes, dislikes and every need.

I was given the room upstairs that faces the road and it was a nice street view. The room and bed were very comfortable. There is a small dining table in the room and coffee, tea facilities. The dutch coffee was really nice and Saskia was kind enough to show me the brand so I could take some back home! Jordaan is a beautiful area and I would suggest anyone visiting Amsterdam to stay here because its away from the crowds and really gives a local feel. There are great places to eat less than a 5 minute walk from the b&b so the location is ideal.

When I visit Amsterdam, and I certainly will soon :) this is the accommodation I will book for sure!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo