“Good find!”
Review of Hotel De Hallen

Ranked #32 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Ok so we booked this as a secret hotel, so it was only the main features that were listed when we were choosing. As soon as we got the name though we went straight to reviews and were so pleased with our choice!

Pros:
- very close to tram stops to central Amsterdam - 13, 14, 7 and 17 I believe!
- bathroom was amazing, the bath is so deep and the shower lovely too! Good design.
- I had not experienced this before - our room had the usual European plug sockets, but also one English plug socket and another type (possibly American)! We had brought adapters but my phone charger plugged straight in no problems :) good novelty!

Cons:
- according to my boyfriend who arrived before me, it was quite difficult to find. There was also a building site next door which I think didn't help! (There was no disturbance however from the building site apart from blocking off a road nearby, easily navigated around however).
- it was advertised as soundproof at booking which is one of the reasons we chose it - note it is not soundproof. There is a big window floor to ceiling looking into the main hall/centre of the hotel (there is a big curtain so we didn't have a problem with that as such) but you can hear everyone who walks past. This would not have bothered us as much if it wasn't advertised as soundproof. Perhaps they meant that sound doesn't get out!

We had a wonderful time and other than the points above found the stay very pleasant. A nice quirky hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lizzi86
Management_VH, Front Office Manager at Hotel De Hallen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Lizzi86,

Thank you very much for taking the time writing your comments about our hotel.
I appreciate all the feedback we can get, as the hotel has just opened four months ago.
Your review gives us the chance to improve!
I apologize for any noise disturbance you experienced during your stay. Please be advised for any future reservations, may you wish to return to our hotel, you can contact me personally. I will make sure next time you will get a quieter room, so you will enjoy your stay more and find more relaxation after visiting the busy city of Amsterdam.

Thank you again, and I hope sincerely to welcome you back on your next trip to this city.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel has excellent service and at the reception they are always happy to help! The rooms are perfect they have everything you need, very clean and modern. The food was great, they try to make whatever you want! The location was very good as long as you don’t mind walking and there are nice restaurants / coffee shops nearby. Free fast Wifi. Definitely would stay again!

5  Thank Dinky_Dina

Dear Dinky_Dina,

Thank you very much for writing your kind review about our hotel!
It was a joy having you here and we will hope if you return to Amsterdam, you will choose our hotel once more for your stay.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay in this lovely hotel. If you are looking for something a bit different - this hotel is definitely a good choice!! Beautifully decorated and immaculately clean - there is nothing i could fault. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful even before we got there - very promptly responding to emails of questions we had about transport. Nothing was too much trouble for them! We stayed over my birthday and i was very pleasantly surprised to recieve a drinks voucher for two free drinks at the bar on my arrival as well as a chilled bottle of wine awaiting us in the room on our second day - a very nice touch!

Couldnt recommend this hotel anymore - it is definitely going to be an up and coming place to stay in Amsterdam!

7  Thank Linzi92014
Management_VH, Front Office Manager at Hotel De Hallen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Linzi92014,

Thank you so much for taking the time writing such kind words about Hotel De Hallen.
We really hoped you enjoyed the birthday, and hopefully we can celebrate it together again next year?

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights earlier this week.

Room was located on the ground floor. We were blown away with the decoration and quality of all furniture and art work. Very tastefully done. Top notch!!

Room
Has everything you need. Loads of towels, slippers, safe, mini bar, great shower, loads of storage even a nespresso coffee machine! Perfect waking up every morning having a Starbucks next to your bed!!

Staff were all brilliant. Very helpful whenever we needed advice. If we ever go back to Amsterdam I know where we will stay!

Thanks you!

Stayed: August 2014
8  Thank Tessy1234

Dear Tessy1324,

With great pleasure and proud I read your five dot review! Thank you very much.
We are very glad you have enjoyed your stay here so much .

Hope we can welcome you back on your next trip to Amsterdam!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I am terribly afraid the word will get out, and I will never be able to find availability in the future, but, the word has to get out.... I have come to Amsterdam many times before, but I left loving the country after this trip.... There is a hotel out there, just five minutes beyond what I could call an average traveller's comfort zone (as far as the location is concerned), that offers you the best time away from home.... Amsterdam is a lovely city with so much, so much to offer, but I would never imagine wanting to run back to my hotel at the end of every day. They will make sure!!!! you will enjoy your time there.... And one word to the managers: I'm absolutely jealous of you. You have coworkers who do their jobs with genuine joy and passion as they run from one task to another.... Congratulations to you all..... Back to the review;) ultimately clean, well decorated rooms, common areas, patios, restaurant. Ahhhh, I absolutely loved De Hallen....

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have natural daylight...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Sevil S
Management_VH, Front Office Manager at Hotel De Hallen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Sevil S,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is with great pleasure I read you had such a pleasant stay in Amsterdam and in our hotel. I want to assure you the hotel manager and I are very proud of all of our team members! We will share your comments with them, as it serves as a great motivational tool.

For any future reservations, you can always contact me personally.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Lovely hotel and really helpful and friendly staff. Very lovely and interesting art work. The room was kept really clean as was the hotel. The location is really good, only a 20 minute walk into the centre, and far away enough not to feel crowded by all the tourists. There are plenty of nice bars and restaurants nearby. A unique experience staying in a converted tram station. Excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Carollolla

Dear Carollolla,

Thank you very much for your very positive review. The hotel opened only four months ago and every we do our utmost best to make every guest's stay as good as possible. Reading from your review we succeeded, and I feel very proud of our hotel, as well as of all the team members.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel was beautifully decorated. The staff were very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. The Junior Suite room was spacious, light and had everything you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The restaurant and bar are expensive so I recommend asking the receptionists where they recommend eating out in the local area as we had some very nice meals out at a fraction of the price. The only suggestion for improvement is that there are no draws and few shelves, so there was not much room for your clothes. Apart from that, we had a wonderful time and would love to go back.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and have more natural light coming in.
4  Thank Jessica C
Management_VH, Front Office Manager at Hotel De Hallen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Jessica C,

Thank you very much for writing a 5 dot review!
We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay so much with us, but I want to personally thank you for all the feedback given by you. The hotel opened less than 4 months ago, so this gives us the opportunity to improve every day. I will share your thoughts with my manager so we can see if we can find a better solution for this issue. Of course we always have more hangers available as well, of which we are more than happy to bring them up to your room.

For any future reservations, you can always contact me personally so I can help book the room to all your preferences.

Hope we are able to welcome you back soon!