what worked well:
- location: although not directly in the city centre, it is situated in a quiet, leafy and pleasant suburb. You can either take the tram Nr 2 into town, or walk through the Vondelpark
- cleanliness of the room was adequate
- coffee machine in the room provided us with surprisingly good coffee. Although the sachets weren't refilled the next day.
what didn't work well:
- bathroom: although it looked fairly new and modern, I just cannot understand how anybody can think that a bathroom that does not give you any privacy whatsoever is a good idea! As others pointed out, you hear EVERYTHING through the glass partition - and see a great deal. And if that wasn't bad enough, there is NOWHERE to hang your clothes, or even your towels! Housekeeping just leave them on a little stool, but that;s obviously no good when they're wet. It's an astonishing design concept! Possibly the least functional I've ever encountered.
- bedroom: looked tired. water stains on ceiling, dark stains on the orange (!) carpet
- bar/ lobby service: although pricey, the service was poor, and they're not open throughout the day
All in all, while it wasn't terrible, we won't be returning to the Park Plaza.More
- Free Wifi