We stayed here for 4 nights booked it through Thomas Cook paid for 3 nights and got the 4th free which was quite a good deal for a 4* hotel in Amsterdam. A child can stay for free in the room as long as they sleep on the sofa bed which my son found really comfy.We had a room on the 6th floor with a great view of the river watching the cruise ships arrive and depart. The room was very clean and it had a nice bathroom, there are tea and coffee facilities which are refilled each day. Breakfast wasn't included in our tarrif but 23 euros is alot for breakfast but you can get some cheaper breakfast options in the bar or just eat breakfast in town.If you have teenagers there are two free playstations outside the restaurant if they want that sort of entertainment.
Don't bother with the expensive transfer bus from the airport that goes around all the hotels just get the train from the airport to central station and exit on the river side, ring the hotel and the free shuttle bus arrives twice and hour and will take you to the hotel it's very easy and much cheaper. You have to book the shuttle bus so if you are using it for your flight back book it in advance as it only carries about 6 to 8 pax on each journey.The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the centre of town but it's a nice walk if you want to be in the centre of Amsterdam you need to stay elsewhere or use the trams No 25 and 26 stop next to the hotel. Tram 25 goes to Dam square in two or 3 stops, you can buy the tram passes from the gift shop in the hotel 7 euros for 24 hours.Remember you have to pay a 5% hotel tax on check out. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel and it was quite nice to return to the peace and quiet at night and watch the boats on the river and then be refreshed to see the sights of Amsterdam the next day. You can rent bikes from near the hotel but we used Mikes bikes and went on a great countryside tour which lasted 4 hours and cost 22 euros, well recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam