Stayed here for business. Bid on a website for 5 star in the city center, got a 4 (?) star in the middle of nowhere. Nice and friendly front desk, very poor housekeeping, no customer service, terrible location, decent coffee. Will never stay here again.
On Tuesday, June 8th there was a one day Tram Strike. Seems to me this was a prefect opportunity to create good will amongst the guests by adding an extra shuttle to avoid guest's inconvenience but no, no extra shuttle service to or from the hotel.
I asked to board the 11AM shuttle, was told there were no more seats by a manager (?) with a real bad attitude and then watched as the bus pulled away with 2 empty seats. Maybe the manager (?) should have a) gone out to look, b) offered to put on an extra bus, c) made an attempt to provide customer service, or d) at least been apologetic about it. But his response was that the tram strike "was not their problem". Granted, it wasn't their problem but it was an opportunity to go the extra mile for their guests.
Housekeeping is very poor. Returned to the room to find a piece of paper on the floor, the towel still hanging on the door and old newspaper still sitting on the bathroom sink.
All in all, very disappointed. This is my 4th or 5th trip to Amsterdam. I always had a great time, never had a problem with any hotel here but this place is a real dud. It is truly in the middle of nowhere, completely dead at night, no restaurants nearby, no facilities of any kind nearby and no attempt by the staff to make up for the poor location with a little good service.
Don't fall for their upgrade offer like I did. Not worth it. Also forgot to mention, the internet was terribly slow too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam