Apparently this area of Amsterdam will be very hip soon, but at the moment it feels a little soulless. It's only a 10 minute walk to Central Station, but there isn't much around here.
Apart from the "free" for 4 hours a day slow wireless (and wired in the room!) everything in the hotel is top notch, including the views.
My colleague tells me that the Executive floors are even better, with free beer, a special happy hour, proper free wireless, but that adds €70 a night
Great for the conference I'm attending, or for business, but wouldn't be my choice at this price point for a city break, simply because of the remote location and lack of local character.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam