Over the course of a 2 week trip in Europe (albeit on a budget), this is probably the nicest property I stayed at. The room was big, with a huge, comfortable bed, excellent views of the harbor (stunning at sunset), Centraal Station and city, and first rate staff with a very helpful concierge. There was a restaurant as well, but we did not eat there.There was a very nice cafe in the same strip at which we had a quick, tasty breakfast. The downside is the location. It's on the very edge of the city center, about a 15 minute walk from the station, which is then at the northern edge of the city. There is a shuttle that goes to the station (it was going to the Doubletree while we were there due to construction) which helps during the day, but we ended up spending a good amount on taxis while in Amsterdam at the end of the night. The location isn't terrible, but it's not great. However it is next to the cruise port, so an excellent location for a night before/after a cruise. All in all a very nice hotel if you prefer nicer accommodations over more central location, and a great compromise of the two factors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, Priceline, Prestigia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam