My boyfriend and I stayed in the Moevenpick hotel for 6 nights in October. We agree that the hotel experience is one of the highlights of our exciting trip. We give it a 4.5 stars rating, not a 5, for some minor flaws.
1. Hotel and Room: The hotel is new unlike many other hotels in Amsterdam. The contemporary design of the hotel building together with its neighboring Muziekgebouw (Music Hall) makes a new landmark. The room is coherently designed also with minimalist concepts. The hotel is built by the water and each room has a beautiful water view through a large window. Its washroom is roomy. I however find its 1/4" frosty glass washroom door with no lock an odd idea.
2. Foods and Room Service: Its Silk Road restaurant offers excellent dining experience. But if you are lazy like we were, do not miss its room service. It has an extensive menu. The food is excellent, especially the deserts - hands down!
3. Service: The staff is polite and genuinely helpful and seems always available when you need them. There also is training staff on site in hotel's exercise room. All phone requests are nicely handled by knowledgeable staff.
4. Location: It takes 15 minutes to walk to the Central Station, which takes you to the airport in another 20 minutes. It's convenient for those stay for a short period of time. It's neighboring "Music Hall" offers frequent music events (up to 4 events a day) covering classical, jazz and "world/folk". The Concertgebouw, which is quite distant from the hotel, often offers more interesting musical alternatives.
1. TV and TV Programming: Its TV is very small. It's difficult to enjoy movies (10 Euro each) on such a small screen. The hotel offers about 32 channels in 8 languages. English speakers get CNN world, BBC world, Bloomberg Channel and MSNBC world only.
2. Location: For those who love to stroll in the city, it might be wise to pick a hotel in the city centre. It takes 15 minutes to walk to the Central Station and might take another half an hour just to get to the Dam Square. The hotel however offers free shuttle services to the Central Station by request. There are also two tram (street car - 1.6 Euro per zone per person) lines that have stops near the hotel.
3. Gym: Its gym is more like an exercise room. It has fancy equipment and dumbbells up to 10kg. Bodybuilders will not find this facility useful.
4. Price: Moevenpick Hotel is expensive, but all good hotels in Amsterdam are expensive. I've stayed in a few hotels at the same price range. Moevenpick Amsterdam is by far the best by a long shot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam