Due some unforeseen changes in our travel plans, we needed a hotel in Amsterdam for a couple of nights right away. We had never heard of Movenpick but it was the cheapest on the list that didn't look like a dive. So we took a chance and booked it. It turned out to be a very upscale business hotel with plenty of amenities, very well appointed rooms and excellent service all around. My only complaint would be the breakfast buffet, which is bad to say the least and expensive at €23 and should be skipped. The hotel is also about a 25 minute walk from Centraal Station, but there is also a tram station not too far.
Another pleasant surprise was Amsterbike, a bike rental place in the garage right under the hotel. The rates were very reasonable (€20 for two days) and I got a nice new bike that looked like a regular Amsterdam bike, not like the usual tourist rental bike. The owner was very friendly and suggested a couple of tours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam