Stayed at the movenpick for 4 nights, found everything to be perfect, except the location. but didnt let that spoil our visit. if you come out of hotel turn left 100 meters and the number 25 tram stops there every 15 mins. and goes to central station or dam sq. or the hotel has a mini bus that goes to central station every 30 mins (must be booked in advance ) or if your feeling fit a 10 minute walk to central station.
The rooms in the hotel were beautiful, spotless clean, and if your lucky enough to get a room on a high floor, with view of the city even better, i asked for this at reception and they give it me.the view was fantastic. the rooms had tea coffee, bath robes slippers, iron ironing board, tv and radio,also pay tv for movies but found these a little over priced, think they were between 10 and 17 euro. the reception staff were very helpful and talked or said hello, good morning ect every time you walked past. also room service was fast phoned down for some drinks and they were there in minutes
Breakfast in the hotel was excellant, great selection of everything from full english, to a chef cooking eggs any way you fancied them and your usual contiental, never tried the resturant in the evening but looked very good. service at breakfast was fast, i have read on other reviews that it was slow, but cant agree, maybe they have got more staff? even when very busy coffee was constant.
Didnt try the gym or spa area but looked very good.
Bar area was very modern and price i thought was expensive untill we went into other bars in the city and noticed the prices were very much on par. about 5.00 euro a pint of beer. staff in the bar were like the rest of hotel very plesant and helpful.
overall could not fault the hotel itself in any way, just the location was a slight problem, we didnt let it spoil our visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam