Nice, clean, functional hotel. Comfortable bed, great view, and the best instant coffee I have ever had. The shower was one of those funky, no door, hand held shower head type numbers that always seems to get the floor wet, but that could just be me. If you are sharing a double room with someone, you should know that the bathroom doors are frosted glass and may not offer the privacy you require. The front desk was friendly if not overly helpful. I had drinks and snacks in the bar one night. The drinks were good, but the snacks, some guacamole and chips, were average, and the service was a bit slow. Here’s the major problem and I know it has been mentioned before, but you really, really need to consider it before you stay here: you are a good ten minute walk from anything in the parts of Amsterdam you want to see. At least ten minutes along a path on the water. See the photo I attached. There was no stopping by your hotel room mid-day, resting your feet, using the lavatory or dropping off packages. Once you left for day, you didn’t want to go back and once you were in, you just don’t feel like going back out again. There are no restaurants, clubs, stores, anything nearby except Muziekgebouw aan ’t IJ, the new concert hall. (Tip, if you are staying at the Movenpick, you can walk up the footbridge to the concert hall and then walk down a few flights of steps to get to the entrance of the hotel. Otherwise, you actually have to walk by the hotel to get to the front and that just exacerbates your annoyance.). My other tip is to stock up on snacks and drinks at either the AH or HEMA outposts in Central Station before your trek. If you are in Amsterdam for work at Phillips, or are on a cruise ship, stay at the Movenpick, otherwise, you will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam