“Brilliant!”

Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
US$22.35*
and up
Body Worlds Amsterdam 'The Happiness Project...
US$38.49*
Body Worlds Amsterdam Skip-the-Line Entrance Ticket with Amsterdam Canal Cruise
US$49.67*
Holland Pass: Best Deals in Amsterdam and Beyond
Ranked #26 of 536 things to do in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Gunther von Hagens’ BODY WORLDS: The Happiness Project in the heart of Amsterdam tells the amazing story of our own body and the impact of happiness on our health. More than 200 anatomical specimens of real human bodies show the complexity, resilience and vulnerability of the body. Join the 40 million people around the world who have already seen the exhibition and been on this fascinating voyage of discovery through the human body.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Weren't too sure what to expect but absolutely loved it! So interesting as it's all about the human body and you can take some useful facts away! It leaves you walking out feeling enlightened! So glad I went here, extremely interesting (especially if you're into biology)

2  Thank Amy S
Write a ReviewReviews (3,361)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

six floors of oh my god. my wife likes this kind of thing more than i do. but i have to say after i got over the shock of what i was seeing, and looked at it for what it is,it was pretty cool to see how it all works. i say a must see.

1  Thank Joseph B
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A tour down through six floors of exhibition. Each floor consists of a small room, focussing on a main theme (e.g. brain and skeleton on top floor). The exhibits range from entire plastinated bodies to small sections and/or individual body parts. The explanations are in English and Dutch and are clear and easy to understand. Throughout there are additional panels that explore the body and happiness.

I found it fascinating to see body parts in place and, for a reasonably body aware yoga fan, learnt a lot in a very accessible way (who knew that the diaphragm was so high up? :-) ). The exhibition is interesting rather than ghoulish and thoroughly enjoyable.

1  Thank HerniaBay
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Amazing experience - HIGHLY recommend. The exhibition was the highlight of my trip. So interesting to learn so much about the human body. It really gives you a reality check about how the body works and as a human, what makes us happy.

1  Thank HappyTravellers324
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Walking down to our hotel from Amsterdam Centraal and my wife notices this museum. She told me that we should take a look as it's the work of a doctor that has done some amazing work in displaying the insides of real bodies.

I was a bit sceptical but after purchasing our discounted tickets from one of the many ticket offices in town we visited what I can only describe as a fascinating museum.

Six floors of unique displays showing the body, our muscles, bones, arteries, innards from the start of life to the end of life.

This exhibit isn't for the faint of heart. These are real human bodies and parts which have undergone a process to preserve them and show them to the world.

In particular, the amazing cross section of a man's head to show the human brain and the development of a human foetus through the gestation period will stay with me.

I can strongly recommend this exhibit to anyone that wants to understand the human body.

1  Thank TrevskiY