Prinsenhuis
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$352
US$271
US$663
US$445
  • Pool
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$163
  • Bar/Lounge
WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$135
  • Pool
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$315
US$278
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$130
US$324
US$225
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewstea leafbagel shopprinsengracht canalfull kitchenon arrivalgreat locationnice apartmentcoffee makerpublic transportationfew minutes walksupermarketaccommodationcafeslinensbicycles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2006

I just spent 5 days in the Tea Leaf apartment at Prinsenhuis and can't stop raving about it.

The building was recently extensively remodeled and the workmanship and interior design are impeccable. Two of us shared the contemporary, one-bedroom Tea Leaf unit and found it extremely comfortable and spacious: all the modern conveniences including a full kitchen (stocked with food!), satellite/flat screen TV, wireless internet, washing machine, beautiful views of the canal, a quiet rear terrace. I slept in the bedroom. The room was small, but the custom built wardrobe was large enough to hold my clothes and my suitcase fit under the bed. They even provided baskets under the bed for additional storage. I also had my own TV and direct access to the rear terrace. My roommate slept on the pull-out couch and found it very comfortable.

The house is very centrally located: literally only a few blocks walking distance to all the best museums, shopping, and restaurants in the area. And the owner is extremely friendly and very helpful.

Prinsenhuis is a must; I highly recommend it and suggest staying here rather than a luxury hotel. See the website for more details and very accurate photos of the property.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SFWillJam
Reviewed 11 August 2006

I have stayed in Amsterdam at Hotel D'el Europe, The American Hotel, the Marriott and elsewhere. This was the first time that we decided to rent an apartment.

Prinsenhuis Apartments made an incredible holiday for me and my partner. In fact with 6 friends, we rented 3 of the apartments over a long weekend recently (August 5th 2006 weekend) and all of us thoroughly enjoyed it.

Getting there: I took the train from Schipol and the 16/24 tram from Central Station. It's a block from the tram stop, at the corner of Vijzelstraat on Prinsengracht. The proprietor met me and took me up to the apartment Coral, which was located on the second floor.

Conveniences: Across the street was an ABN-AMRO ATM, round the corner a CH supermarket; on the corner a bagel shop; next door was a great little eatery where we ate lunch. The Prinsengracht is very central in Amsterdam - 5 minutes to the flower market. Excellent location for museums and everything that goes on in Amsterdam.

Apartment - We stayed in Coral. These are amazingly appointed apartments. 4 of us shared this for the long weekend. Two on the pull-out couch. The main room has a hidden wardrobe for clothes. The main bedroom is not large but very comfortable and has adequate storage for all of our clothes. The detail used to decorate the place was great. The bathroom has heated towel rail for drying towels - always on. There is a washing machine in the bathroom. We were able to easily dry our clothes on the balcony outside of our bedroom.

The kitchen is fully equipped with completely modern appliances - fab fridge, great coffee maker, has pans, utensils and stuff that can be used to cook. We did cook a little, but there are so many great places to eat in the vicinity, it was perfect for making b/fast and for making the occasional meal, eating our main meals out.

The main room has lovely views of the canal. There is satellite and Sky TV, wireless internet, even a printer and boom-box. There really wasn't anything that we needed that wasn't already supplied. Very impressive.

The apartments were quiet, comfortable and the modern stairway also has a dumb-waiter for hauling groceries up the steep stairs that are typically found in Amsterdam homes.

All-in-all, I would HIGHLY recommend Prinsenhuis, the friendliness of the proprietors, the modern and well-appointed apartment, its convenient location and superb amenities.

Check out their website. By the way, they didn't put me up to writing this! I wanted to write it because it's the best apartment find we've yet come across in Amsterdam.

7  Thank J_AScotLad
Reviewed 3 July 2006

Highly recommended, we would go back for sure...

We recently spent 4 beautiful nights in the Mandarin apartment - perfect for a couple. As promised, the kitchen was stocked with breakfast foods and equipped enough to prepare full meals. There was a full stove/oven/micro, full sized fridge and dishwasher - all state of the art. The grocery store is was right around the corner so getting those extras was easy.

The description on the web site "Understated" the elegance of this apartment. The decor of this apartment is exquisite and as the name suggests everything had a Mandarin tone, right down to the towels and linens. The owner, Brick, was very attentive as well restocking breakfast items immediately. He even ran out and bought some fans, as it was unusually hot when we were there.

There is a lovely little courtyard for your morning coffee or if you prefer, you can swing open the front windows and enjoy the views of the canal.

We also spent 3 nights at the Grand Soffitel and Prinsenhuis wins, hands down. So if you're spending anytime in Amsterdam, forget the overpriced hotels and check out Prinsenhuis.

Ted & Sandra

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank TheMurfs
A TripAdvisor Member
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed 21 June 2006

I really can't say enough about my experience at this fine establishment. The apartment's location is absolutely perfect. Around the corner is a well stocked grocery store where you can fill your state-of-the-art fridge with everything you'll need for your stay. Overlooking a beautiful canal, the living room is a great place to relax and sip on a glass of wine while you watch people enjoying their canal rides. There is nothing average about Prinsenhuis.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 June 2006

We have returned from a week at the Prinsenhuis a month ago. The "Mandarin" apartment was our happy finding in terms of location service and lovely hosts - we have never experienced such friendly service before. It was so divine that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the room. In fact we didn't bother ourselves with touristy activity, having been before here and just did a few trips to the museums to see Caravaggio and Rembrandt exhibit. We’ve being able to buy tickets on Internet what helps us not to spend the whole day in line, waiting to get in, and printed it at the printer/fax machine located in our room. Viva technology! I am recommending to all my friends to stay in Prinsenhuis and now I am afraid after my advertising I could not be able to rent it again …

• Stayed: May 2006