“Weekend Get-away”

Ranked #192 of 369 Hotels in Amsterdam
Belgium
“Weekend Get-away”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel freeland is a nice & cozy hotel located at the heart of city of Amsterdam. The owners were very friendly & accomodating. This is a perfect hotel for a short stay & i would recommend it for young couples . Staircase might be narrow, yet it didn't bother us. Breakfast was nice coz we love peanut butter & jelly & tea for breakfast. Yet i miss some fruits for breakfast. Anyway, it's a great hotel @ the heart of the city!

Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 10 November 2013

everything is perfect with this hotel. it's owner Pascale is very friendly and helpful. All hotel staff is welcoming and friendly. It is very close to everything you need to see in Amsterdam. We went everywhere on foot (Dam square, museumplein, leidseplein, vondelpark etc.) Rooms very very clean, well decorated and light. Though the room was small, it had enough storage. It was everything that we needed. The price is affordable and it was definitely worth our money. I would sure stay there again.

Room Tip: we stayed in sunflowers. it was quiet and on the first floor. i would recommend it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Aracaju, SE
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The place is very dirty and poorly maintained. On my third day there were still several strands of hair in the bathroom that were not mine. The smell of mold and mites are everywhere and are terrible for anyone with allergies or even some sensitivity. The wi-fi signal is bad and fail all the time. My room was three days without internet. I requested solution to the problem several times a day and the reception staff all spoke to me as if they had never heard of the problem. they gave me another room at the end of the third day. The bathroom was completely flooded when I turned on the shower because the drain could not give vent to water. They merely placing two mats, one on top of another to retain water. The breakfast was poor and it was not enough.The location is interesting but it is not perfect. The restaurants around the hotel are expensive and lousy, typical tourist traps. With the same money you can stay in a great hotel, clean and wonderful just a few minutes by tram from anywhere in the city. My friends did it and did not repent. I booked a room thanks to tripadvisor reviews and deeply regretted. The stairs are impossible to climb with suitcases. Women suffered greatly when getting on and off.

Room Tip: rooms on the upper floors seem to be the worst.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Portland, OR
Reviewed 7 October 2013

As a tourist, I only need a hotel room in which to sleep and clean up, so the small size of the room was not a factor since it was quite adequate. The tiled bathroom was immaculate and possessed a shower head that was divine -- after the restricted shower heads in all of the 4-star hotels I had just stayed in for the previous 3 weeks. A new mattress on the bed and a cozy comforter made for a great night's sleep. The desk clerks were able to make a number of recommendations to me for places to see and eat, all of which were outstanding. Breakfast was hearty, and I was pleased to see packets of peanut butter to go with the jams for my toast. I found the Freeland Hotel to be one of the best bargains I've run across in a long time. It is located within walking distance to everything of importance, and the shuttle bus to and from the airport stops just around the corner from the hotel. At 4Euros, this is a bargain since taxis are quite expensive. For the budget traveler, it's hard to beat this place.

Room Tip: Stairs to rooms on upper floors are very steep, and there is no life. So, if you have mobility probl...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Surely one of the the smallest single hotel rooms in Amsterdam, yet it is adequate, clean, with shower, single bed, large window, tv (difficult to operate without asking for help). Breakfasts are good value with friendly, helpful staff. Fantastic location, most sights are within walking distance. Also good option for single women travellers.

Room Tip: Higher floors require stamina and good stair sense. Very steep stairs although this is an old Amste...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tanya C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

On arriving I did not find the reception friendly. Was given a key and told where the room was. No other conversation offered. The steps are very steep, the single room very small, though well equipped and clean. Bathroom is of a high standard. The best part was the breakfast - enough and tasty.

I feel for what I got the price I paid was steep. Next time think I will use the amount I spent and book into something where I will get more value for my money.

Room Tip: Avoid the single room - very small. Try get a room away from the street - very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo