WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel V Nesplein(Amsterdam)
US$251
US$202
Orbitz.com
2,902 results
All reviewsbus stopcity centrecentral stationgreat hoteloutdoor poolherman broodnumber buswest cordnight buspublic transporttravel passthe hotel receptionjunior suitenespresso machinemini barday passbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2012

An excellent hotel to stay in for business, situated mid-way between city centre & offices in Sloterdijk. Rooms are decently situated and provide decent wi-fi, tv et cetera. The staff are always kind, friendly and helpful, it is always good to see a familar & friendly face when I pitch up on a Monday evening!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
BenjaminTam, General Manager at WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Jeremy Y,

Thank you for your review and kind words!
It is good to read that you enjoy our service, facilities and our "fiendly and familiar faces".

See you next monday?

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Art Hotel Amsterdam is not in city center, maybe it's the only shortcut of it. but the bus 48 and 22 are just an the door of the hotel. the room is really nice, it's clean and quiet, and also big in the sense of europe. hotel bar and restaurant are a bit too expensive.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sijia,

Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor.
All comments do help us to improve our services and facilities.
We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We just booked for one night, because we went to a wedding party in amsterdam, and we wanted to spend the night closeby.
We got an upgrade, very nice!! 4 stars in stead of 3!
Very nice room, very quiet, and with a very nice kind of love seat.
We really really enjoyed it, and breakfast was very good as well!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fleur T

Dear Hannahstar,

Thank you very much for your extensive comments. I must say, a comment that gives me mixed feeling. It abolutely gives us points for improvement when it comes down to the service at the front desk. We will take your comment along and learn from it.

We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I travelled to Amsterdam this weekend just gone, alone. I booked through lastminute.com, which went smoothly. I did e-mail the hotel a few days before to check they had received my booking, I'm always wary about booking through 3rd parties, but I never actually got a reply for a hotel, so I was sort of worried, but all turned out okay.

I got a taxi from Schipol to the hotel, which cost me around 50 euros, which isn't exactly cheap but I had a heavy suitcase and was feeling lazy so it's fine.

I got to the hotel about 1.30 and they let me have my room. Was greeted by friendly staff and generally nice atmosphere. The hotel itself is very nice, clean and well-presented and overally very nice. On checking out, I dealt with a member of staff who couldn't even be bothered to smile at me or thank me at all - my only bad experience. She was extremely rude and conversed with a colleuge in Dutch whilst I stood there. Nevertheless, she booked a taxi for me when I asked and paid less than I had when I travelled from Schipol.

The room was great, very clean and nice, and had a great stay. The aircon didn't work however and it was so ridiculously warm all the time. My only other complaint! Oh and, there's no way you're getting cold water out of those taps, all the water was tepid or scalding.

I ate in the restaurant twice, and both times I was extremely impressed. The food and the staff were just amazing, and I absolutely loved it.

The travel links are amazing, buses 22 and 48 run every 10 minutes to Amsterdam Centraal, which is just perfect. And with a chipkaart you can't go wrong.

I would definitley stay again! :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Hannah L
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Location wasn't too bad not too far from the centre, 10-15 to walk and peaceful, staff were very friendly and helpful, beds were comfortable, very clean overall great standard would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Cullum O