WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #47 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 28 April 2012

For a 3 stars hotel, the rooms were nice and confortable, and the hotel had a nice and modern design. Not well located, but there are buses stopping just in the front of the hotel going to central station.

• Stayed: April 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,798)

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Excellent hotel. Attentive staff, spacious apartments, clean and quiet environment. The hotel is a bit far from downtown, but there are buses at the door to the central station amsterdam. For those who have time and like to walk, they might like to go to downtown or walk to other places, and enjoy pleasant walks.

Room Tip: For arrivals by plane to Amsterdam, take the train to the Station Sloterdijk and then take a bus or...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Location not the best, short bus ride on 22 or a 48 and buy a weekend bus pass from the hotel. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Clean and tidy what more do you want?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at the WestCord Art Hotel 3* although it was more like a 4*. The front line receptionist spoke English. Hotel staff very attentive and helpful. Check in was fast and hassle free. We were advised where to catch the bus from, bus stop just outside the hotel. And what number bus to catch back to out hotel, bus no 48/42. We could purchase our bus tickets directly from the hotel. It is a short bus ride into Centraal Station, 5min. Our room was clean and spacious. Rooms cleaned, towels, soaps and lotions refreshed daily. Beds were extremely comfortable, and after having had a back operation were a welcoming place to come to after a long day of sight seeing.
Breakfast was excellent!
I will most definately stay at the WestCord Art Hotel again when I return to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 412
3  Thank LyndaBernhardt
BenjaminTam, General Manager at WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear LyndaBernhardt,

Just a thank you for a great review!
I am happy you enjoyed your stay.

See you again soon?!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

My friends and I went on a 3 day break to Amsterdam. The hotel is a way away from the main city centre. We had looked that up before hand and were not phased by it. However there is a bus stop just outside and two buses 22 (and 47 if I remember correctly) that take you into the city. They ran till late and frequently. A taxi cost about 15 Euros and between 18-20 for a 7 seater which was still reasonable specially since we were splitting it between the 5 of us.

The hotel was clean, the staff were nice and friendly. It was bit of an issue getting the safe to work, which we figured out eventually. The staff did try to help and couldn't make it work at first but did offer to have a new one brought in if I wanted them to.
The heating was a little low for my liking and they brought me two additional heaters very promptly on request so I could heat up the room to my liking.
One day when I didn't want the cleaners in my room, I left the do not disturb sign on the door and no one entered my room in my absence and I was left a note explaining why the room hadn't been cleaned.(Which is exactly what I expected and wanted)
We were out late on both the nights and had no problems getting in at 2:00 am and 5:00 am respectively. We received a friendly greeting for the lady at receptions both days
We wanted some cutlery for some take away we had brought in and the staff were very helpful and accommodating with that too.

We did have to pay a one off tax of around 8 Euros per room for the stay, which was not much but was a surprise.

My room was on the 5th floor and due to the layout I had to take one lift to the 3rd floor and then walk across and take another to the 5th which was not that difficult also just unexpected.

And lastly the bathroom door and walls are transparent on one side and has frosted glass on the other side, which is fine for a couple but we did feel oddly to start with when we went with friends. However once we got there we realised you wouldn't actually see into the shower unless you meant to do so. However, this may still be a bit odd if you are not a couple.

All in all a good stay! The hotel was great!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Ayisha A,

Thank you for commenting on your stay on Tripadisor.
Happy to read that you have enjoyed our services and facilities. Thank you for complimenting our staff.
Unfortunately we have to charge all guests 5% local city tax. Which was in your case the EUR 8,- per day.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I took my parents to Amsterdam to see the Van Gogh Museum. We stayed one night at the 3 star side of the Westcord Art Hotel. We booked an extra large, "Quadruple Deluxe Family Room." A picture on the hotel's website led me to believe there would be two queen size beds separated by a wall. In reality, this was a small room, with two twin size beds pushed together and a rather uncomfortable fold up couch bed. A person had to turn sideways to pass between the two beds. For the money we could have done much better. This hotel is clean enough, but there was absolutely nothing "Deluxe" about it. If you are American, expect the same type of accommodations as you find at a big chain motel off a major interstate exit. The best thing about the Westcord Art Hotel were the employees, who were all very friendly and helpful. Also, the shower was incredibly hot and powerful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Caygo
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My finance and I stayed at the WestCord Art Hotel over Easter and from the moment we arrived I was impressed by the level of service.

The reception staff were really friendly and had lots of advice for catching buses and getting around Amsterdam. The sold bus passes as well, at a discount rate. Our room was spotless, and lovely and quiet in the evenings.

The hotel itself is a 10 minute bus ride from Amsterdam Central Train Station, however the buses come every 10 minutes and we never had to wait.

Overall very convenient, and I would return here again.

1  Thank Claire T

Dear Claire T,

Thank you so much for your kind words!
Good that you noticed our eye for service and detail!
We are looking to see you again! Next Easter?