Lowest prices for your stay
US$129
US$119
Priceline
US$110
Hotels.comUS$119
eDreamsUS$129
TravelocityUS$119
All reviews quad room van gogh museum shopping street minute walk museum area tram stop public transport central station vondelpark stops
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2019 via mobile

Small room reminded of a ship cabin size. Room was clean though. Bed was small for two adults. Thin walls but luckily no noise during night. Other guests were elderly people and families. The street is not too busy so no noise or partying there during night. Breakfast for 10 € was good.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jayw986
Reviewed 7 May 2019

I might be a bit more forgiving about this hotel, if it wasn't so exorbitantly priced. For about $330/night, we got a tiny room with basically no temperature control (short of opening the windows), a shower that can only be described as filthy, and a room that was barely serviced. The showerhead was downright nasty (when you have hard water, limescale needs to be cleaned off regularly!), there was a dirty sock left on the floor from a prior occupant, and although they kindly left a fruit plate our first morning, they never took the rubbish away.

The upside is proximity to the museums if that's your thing and also to Vondelpark, which is beautiful. It's a fair bit of a walk over to the main canal area, and if you need to get to the train station, plan on a 30 minute tram ride.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank bandito912
Reviewed 14 April 2019 via mobile

With the price I paid I was shocked at the room we were given, there was a red stain on the throw over the bed, you could barely fit in the bathroom it was so small, the room size was a joke it was tiny.
The reception guy wasn’t very friendly at all, I asked him if we could get a better room he just sniggered and said that’s the room you booked, when we checked out he just asked our room number and nothing else, no did you have a nice stay nothing. Lacking on customer service.
The lift in the building is weird when you arrive at your floor it bounces a few times before doors open, needs maintenance.
Wayyy over priced for what you get. Shame as this was a gift to my husband and paying as much as I did I expected a lot more

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

Used as a base for the city, stayed in a quad room which was warm and comfortable with a private bathroom.
On the outskirts of the city but we were able to walk in and out each day. Breakfast was basic but plenty of it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

My brother and I stayed here for 4 nights in early April. We were taken by the good location of the hotel.

Unfortunately upon arriving I realised the hotel is disappointing. We entered into a very dark and drab reception. The person at the counter was very blunt and unfriendly. We shrugged it off, excited to go to our room. Upon arriving in our room we realised that unfortunately the modern, clean looking room on the website appeared to have been somewhat exaggerated. The cleaning was lazy, there was dust on most surfaces, some gum still in the pop up bin (the lid of which was stuck open anyway), there was a hair in my bed and just in general, wasn’t overly clean. I’m not one to complain but a lot of these were very basic things and I’m disappointed that we paid a lot of money to stay there when they couldn’t even be bothered to dust properly. There was a small tiled step to the bathroom which was not made clear with any kind of hazard tape and instead was very hard to see. I hurt my foot on it discovering it was there. We did not bother eating breakfast at the hotel as we suspected that might be disappointing too. Upon checking out the person at the counter was equally as blunt and unfriendly. We asked to check out and they just said ‘what’s the name? ... okay you’re checked out’ in a very monotone voice without looking at us. Again not the end of the world but some customer service wouldn’t go amiss (a smile.. eye contact..... anything?).

The only really good thing I have to say is that the location is decent. You’re very close to vondelpark and there’s some nice shops near by.

Overall I wouldn’t visit this hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled with family