“The greatest hotel I have ever been”

Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam
Ranked #66 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Limal, Belgium
“The greatest hotel I have ever been”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is just perfect! Wonderful view, pool, spa, etc.

The bedroom we had was amazing with high roof, authomatic curtains, bif barh & batheroom.
The service is incredible! we had just arrived and decided to go to the pool after a shower. When we went back in our room, the soaps where already changed and the room tidied and we were there for only 2 hours!
Thanks for this wonderful time in your hotel!

Hope to come back soon.

Room Tip: I asked for a room in a higher level, the view was wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lauravde40

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (777)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I really loved this place, one of my faves in Amsterdam!!! Yes, free mini-bar that is restocked daily. People complain about the check in process, but I like that too. Sitting down is more intimate and different than all other hotels. I was upgraded and checked in early, cant beat that! Red colored halls not too thrilled about and the steam room could use a little more steam, but everything else is AWESOME!!!! You would not not be disappointed booking this Hotel. Also very close to Amsterdam Central Station.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Jay D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

In December 2013,I stayed again,in this wonderful,unique hotel.

I was so pleased to be upgraded again.The two room,suite had everything I needed.

The minibar,which is free,was restocked,daily.

The rooms were cleaned everyday,and cleaned by early afternoon,at the latest.

All of the staff,including management,treated me like an old friend and were also very professional.

Breakfast,was the only meal,I had on this trip.I tried,different restaurants,in the evening,with friends.

I look forward,to returning,this summer.

I ,definitely,suggest a stay at this hotel,for a wonderful experience of a hotel with charm,great staff,beds,which are so comfortable,getting up is difficult and excellent food and drink.

I am confident,you will return again and again.

Room Tip: Discuss,your room preferences,with the receptionists,before arrival.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Samuel M
London
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My partner and I visited the Grand Hotel Amsterdam over a long weekend break away and we were certainly not disappointed.

Very good location close to central station around 5 minute walk and also right near to the centre of Amsterdam.

Our room was large and the bed was exceptionally comfortable, There was a complimentary mini bar which lasted throughout our stay. Reception and concierge were more than happy to assist us and they were very polite and welcoming.

An excellent weekend in all in an excellently run hotel with staff who clearly enjoy what they do. We would love to return soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happy_Chopper
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here for our 1 night overstay in Amsterdam prior to heading to Venice for 2 days to catch a 22 day cruise through Greece, etc. This property is like a a wonderful maze with hidden hallways, elevators, and a stoic presence from the street; it looks so gothic and regal. While we were checking in, groups of people were taking pictures of the exterior and then wrapped inside to the interior to look at the carvings and all the marble. It's a wicked looking place. Our room was # 418-we had 14ft ceilings and the room was nice with auto-close drapes (we need to buy these for our house!). The front desk person said that everything in the fridge was comped, so we enjoyed the liquid comfort. Would recommend this place to the artsy, creative sort that likes to stay at a more unusual place. Down the street are the canals, places where we watched traffic for hours while drinking Heineken at a cafe with the sun kissing our cheeks. I'll stay here again. WiFi worked great and had very strong signal in our room.

2 Thank poshinPORTLAND
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My fiance and I stayed here between 7-10 April and I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. We were upgraded to a junior suite with a wonderful canal view free of charge as it was my fiance's birthday and the hotel even had the thought to leave us both some birthday cake in the room!!
The room itself was fantastic ( especially the free mini-bar!! ) and the ceilings were so high that the curtains had to be closed by a remote control!
The room service was great, the bar was lovely and the spa was a great place to unwind after a busy day exploring the city.
The location is great and I really can't find a fault with any single part of our stay.
This will without doubt be our hotel of choice when we go back to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Canal view
4 Thank Ricki D
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Lovely hotel with beautiful room, has been converted into a wonderful hotel.
Close to central station (easy walking distance) and close by a miriad of eatiries
Room and bathroom were very spacious, but housekeeping not done until 16:30 - 17:00 daily which was a bit of an issue
Resturant apart from breakfast time was very quiet
Would stay agian

Room Tip: An outside rooms for the Views but an inside room was very quiet