“Perfect hotel!”

Ranked #66 of 365 Hotels in Amsterdam
Miami, Florida
“Perfect hotel!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed for 3 nights and had a great experience. The hotel is very clean and the staff was extremely nice. The hotel building is beautiful and walking distance from central station which is close to everything. The room is definitely 5-star quality with a free mini-bar and Nespresso machine. The bathroom is modern with a deep tub and the beds are very comfortable. I did not try the restaurant but it looked very elegant. I did not visit the spa or pool area but it was free to visit u like other hotels in Europe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joanna A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (767)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

2nd visit, decided to book this hotel as stayed before. This is located in walking distance of everything and has good sized room. The concierge and room service were good and friendly.
However, I am vey disappointed with the rest. I specially requested for a few things for the room on booking but none were recorded in the system. The front desk was going to allocate room of her choice, said no other rooms were available. All of a sudden a room appeared miraculously.

The front desk is located in a very small and cramped room. On checkout I was made to wait for 10 minutes before being served. There were no other guests. The staff was busy chit-chatting and doing something else. No courtesy greeting while they walk past or, … " please take a seat we will be with you shortly…." none of those things. I was billed for something which i didn't understand, was in dutch. The staff didn't bother to explain but kept repeating the amount. I felt the front of desk staff members came across as they were very important and didn't make me feel welcomed.
Although the room is big in size, the decor is shabby and in need of re-decor.

For the price i paid, I am very disappointed. i booked this hotel because stayed the last time and
i am afraid will be looking somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank traveldizzy
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had 3 lovely days at the hotel and cannot say enough nice things about it. From the initial welcome we received from reception, an escort to our room and the room itself. It started well and got better.

My wife booked it and we did get a good price for a 5 star hotel and I was a but worried about what sort of room we would get. My worry vanished as soon as we walked into what was probably not the bets room in the house but was lovely. The mini bar was replenished daily which was unexpected ( but I am partial to popcorn so was well happy). The bed linen and towels were changed also daily so falling into the very comfortable king size bed was devine.

The rooms were always cleaned and we never needed to chase anything up at all.

While we didn't eat or drink in the hotel we did use the leisure facilities and they again were fantastic. My wife also enjoyed a massage from the spa.

If we return to Amsterdam again I would love to stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We recently stayed here for 4 nights, and enjoyed a lovely big room overlooking one of the many canals in Amsterdam. I found the hotel to be in a great location, very convenient to the train station as this was our means of arrival and departure, and very central to what Amsterdam has to offer without being right in the heart of it all. I loved the walks around the picturesque canals and over the lovely bridges to find our destination for the day, or just wander and get lost somewhere. We did manage some extended walks some days, but it was all very manageable and did not need public transport at all. The room itself was large, very clean and tastefully decorated in art nouveau style. Huge floor to ceiling drapes were opened each morning as we lay in bed, from our remote control, to enjoy the lovely view over the canal. Robes and slippers were a nice welcoming touch, as was the complimentary mini bar, but the most important point for me was the bed itself, a king size, and honestly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.

Room Tip: Only one side of the hotel has canal views, much better than a main road on the other side.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LicoriceLover
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel a few times and I highly recommend it. Great location near Central Station. Easy to explore the city from this location. The trams are a great way of exploring and so easy to use, give them a go.
Hotel rooms are very clean, beds are amazingly comfortable, you'll be in for a great nights sleep. Bathroom was fab, clean with a large powerful shower. So many good things about this hotel, free in room mini bar which is stocked daily, nice toiletries, slippers and dressing gown, electric curtains, smoking rooms available (request at time of booking) and the staff are very pleasant and helpful.
If this hotel is within your budget then please do not book anything else, you will not be disappointment.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jessica M
NY
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is perfectly located and attractively designed. I don't have anything to add to the other comments. It's really a fine hotel.
However, I was disappointed by the hotel's response to a problem I had which provided them with the opportunity to really showcase their customer service. I left my iPad in my room and discovered it only when I reached the airport for a trip to Valencia. I called the hotel and they said that I should write an email describing the situation and the address of the hotel in which I would be staying in Valencia. I wrote the email and said that I needed the iPad within 3 days as I was leaving for the U.S. Of course, I indicated I would pay to expedite the shipping. I received an email in response indicating they had received my note and that the iPad had been located.
On the third day in Valencia, I hadn't received the iPad. My wife left a day before I did and received a call from the hotel that they needed an authorization to send it. My wife said that it was too late and that they had received ample notification that I needed expedited delivery. The person in the hotel said that it had "just come across my desk"; this was, of course, 3 days after the event. Fortunately, she was going through Amsterdam airport so the hotel sent a cab to Schipol where my wife met it.
While I did get my iPad, the hotel had a great opportunity to go "beyond expectations" and really give great service. Since I am a marketing professor and teach customer service, it would have been a great story to repeat. Too bad.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chaimshalom
Bled, Slovenia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Hotel Amrath is located in very good position, near the Central Station of Amsterdam. So location is great. The room was clean, very nice and comfortable bathroom, and very good sheets on beds.
The wardrobe is from different story, you get 3 pieces of hanger for two people.
But the worst thing in hotel is breakfast. It is better to choose one in the street. Last day we have to leave the hotel at 7 in the morning and breakfast could not be served. We get toast and butter and coffe and that was 5 stars hotel breakfast.
Not recomended if you have a point on it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple