“Perfect B&B”
Review of Blaine's B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Blaine's B&B
Ranked #135 of 331 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Vantaa, Finland
“Perfect B&B”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We have stayed in this Amsterdam BB already four times. We do not have any reason to try another because it is just perfect for us. The place is very clean and comfortable, breakfast is suberb with fresh ingredients and always exeptionally tasty. Peter & Blaine are very nice and helpful hosts. The BB is situated next to a canal about 10 min tram ride from the city center with only few minutes walk to the tram stop. A short walk to Vondelpark and shops nearby make it perfect and peaceful location. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Blaine H, Owner at Blaine's B&B, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Dear Tirrio.

Thanks for taking time to write a review here on Trip Advisor. As you mentioned we must be doing something right if you have visited us 4 times.

We are glad to see that you mentioned the location of the B&B. Often guests get worried that we are too far out of the city center. As you point out it is far enough and close enough all in the same breath. We have been at this location for over 12 years and have had no desire to move into the city center. A little too busy for us.

Hope you get to try that Banana Bread Recipe soon. If not we will have it for you when you come to see us next year!

Happy Easter

Blaine & Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My husband and I needed last minute accommodation to suit our trip to an event at the Sporthallen Zuid, so I contacted Blaine's B&B a few days before our arrival and they were happy to have us with such short notice. They responded straight away and welcomed our late checkin at 9.30pm.

To our pleasant surprise, we were upgraded to the loft room for no extra charge!!! We were blown away by the spacious and well equipped room: large dining and tv/lounge area, separate bathroom/toilet, upstairs loft for the big COMFY bed, coffee and tea facilities, and a gorgeous outdoor balcony area! We were in heaven and it was the best way to unwind after a busy fortnight of travel. Everything was spotless and clean, and the room was warm during our snowy visit. Our towels were changed daily and we were able to use their laundry to wash our clothes.

Every morning we were served a huge breakfast with freshly-baked croissants and breads and brewed coffee, as well as juice, fruit, yoghurt, crisp breads, cereals, spreads, cheeses and meats. We couldn't believe how well we were fed for the price we paid!!! But on top of this, we were given a complimentary 3 course meal at their affiliate restaurant "Seasons"... Please check my review of this restaurant here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g188590-d697013-r146573637-Seasons_Restaurant-Amsterdam_North_Holland_Province.html#REVIEWS

The B&B overlooks a canal in a quiet, residential area yet is only a short tram ride to the centre of Amsterdam. It was so peaceful at night.

We cannot recommend this B&B enough, we were treated like royalty and will be staying here when we return to Holland. Thank you so much to Maya, Blaine and Peter for making our introduction to NL perfect! Well done on providing excellent service, we cannot thank you enough

Room Tip: The loft is perfect if you want privacy and spaciousness
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Definitely the best B&B I have stayed in in Amsterdam. The house is beautiful (we stayed in the Loft and between the 3 of us probably spent less than we would have in a hostel in centraal!) you'll enjoy clean sheets and spotless surfaces, big Dutch-style breakfasts and informed guidance from both Blaine & Peter. Don't be afraid to stay on the outskirts of the city - Amsterdam is tiny and you'll find your way to the city centre & back home by foot/tram in no time.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I flew in from Eire and stayed at Blaine's with a friend from Michigan- we drove from Schipol ( easy enough to find, not too far from the centraal). We found Peter and Blaine to be friendly and very informed hosts.The breakfasts were lovely and the room was comfortable. If you are not picky with shared bathrooms you should be okay. You can comfortably take trams to the central part of the city. This portion of the city is nice too with small little coffee places and eateries for quick bites at walking distances.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
abq
Reviewed 25 July 2012

If you're a bit repulsed by a town with such a high percentage of tourists to "real" people, Blaine's makes a perfect in-town get-away. Peter and Blaine are hard-working hosts who have created a pleasant, relaxing place to stay, both literally and psychologically far away from Amsterdam Centraal, the Red Light District and other zaniness.

The rooms (I was in "Asian") are fun, adventurous, but not so special that one is afraid to touch anything. I had a view of a canal (imagine that?) and spent significant time just watching the cyclists go by the rather quiet street. And it's the quiet that I think you'll most enjoy at Blaine's. That and the breakfast, which are, quite obviously, made by professional chefs. I had a killer Eggs Benedict on my last of three mornings, along with always interesting conversation with Peter about what it means to be Dutch, and Blaine about what it means to be a Texan in Amsterdam.

If you want to be in the middle of the so-called action, maybe Blaine's isn't for you, but it worked quite, quite well for me. One other note: if you're not used to the "shared bathroom" concept, you'll hardly notice that you're in one at Blaine's. The number sharing is low, and it was never an issue.

Room Tip: The "Asian" worked well for me.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I had a terrible experience in Amsterdam but a wonderful experience at Blaine's B&B. My backpack was stolen on the train from Brussels to Amsterdam and had to leave there earlier than I had planned, but Peter gave me so much help even if i could only stay there for one night. He was so kind to pick me up from near the train station and drive me to the b&b altho he was very busy with stuff in his restaurant. I felt so lucky to stay(altho only for one night) at Blaine's B&B where everything is just so comfortable and clean like at home. The apartment is not in the center but located in a nice, quiet and safe residential area, about 20 mins to the dam square by tram which also gives you the chance to sightsee the city. The breakfast is nicely prepared with everything fresh. Thanks to Peter and his b&b that make you feel so welcome and comfortable, my stay in Amsterdam has something more to remember. I'll definitely recommend Blaine's B&B to anyone. One last suggestion, always keep a close eye on your luggage!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Very nice b&b, Peter and Blain are wonderful innkeepers. The breakfast was rather good and location is not far from city centre. There is only one thing I would like to improve - shower looks like to be pretty old, it would be better to change it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple