Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kathleen T
Regina, Canada

An excellent experience!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Jun 2013
Staying in the home of Xaviera Hollander while in Amsterdam was a delightful experience and one of my favourite parts of my visit to Amsterdam. I enjoyed Xaviera's book, The Happy Hooker, as I came of age in the 1970s. She is an inspiring human being. Staying in her home was an honour. Xaviera and I did not get to meet as she was in Spain during my time in Amsterdam. However, we did speak on the phone. I love that she lives life fully and on her own terms. People who appreciate the body of work Xaviera shared with the world will enjoy this B&B. I stayed in the Chalet. It was lovely. The staff, Adrian and Stefano, are spectacular hosts and interesting people. They made me feel at home. They were inspiring conversationalists with excellent english. This is now my preferred place to stay in Amsterdam.You may also wish to pick up some autographed copies of Xaveria's books for yourself and as gifts for friends. Enjoy!!
Date of stay: June 2013
    £87
3.8 miles from Xaviera Hollander's Happy House BB
Free parking
View more hotels in Amsterdam
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2013

One of the things on "my List" in life to do was stay at the legenday Happy House in Amsterdam, and meet Xaviera herself. After contacting her about my request to book a stay I was fortunate to exchange a few emails with her and also spend an evening with her and Philip over dinner on my stay.
The B&B is definitely comfortable with all amenities needed, great location in a safe and upscale part of Amsterdam. Great hosts and Philip is a great cook as well! The charm and warmth you expect will be delivered ten fold! I will definitely be back!

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank wildkat2000
Reviewed 23 March 2013

A safe, welcoming, comfortable place to stay. Xaviera is a force of nature, if you are lucky enough to run around the city with her you will see what its like to be treated like a celebrity. Philip is just the coolest host you could meet as well, easy to talk to, intelligent, down to earth, friendly. The rooms are comfortable, the food is great. The city is right there for you at their doorstep. You are 1 train stop from the airport, only a short tram ride from the city center, shopping, and museums district. You can just walk out the front door and find tons of good food and things to do within walking distance. Their local advice will help you make the most of your time in Amsterdam, whether you are looking for high culture or just a great time. This was its been almost 20 years now since my first trip, whenever i go to Amsterdam, thats where I stay.

Room tip: Rooms in Holland are small. The bigger rooms or chalet may suit travelers accustomed to larger rooms better.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank K L
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I read "The Happy Hooker" as a teen and was always fascinated with Xaveria Hollander and her life so when I found out that she operates a B & B in Amsterdam I knew I had to go and meet this legend.
Xaveria place looks exactly like the photographs; a cozy home in a traditional European style. A touch cluttered with a very personal touch, this B & B is like a museum of Xaviera with photographs and painting adorning the walls and masses of books and trinkets throughout the home.
I had opted to have dinner with Xaviera and her lovely husband Philip. It was one of the best meals I have had outside of a 5 star restaurant; we started with stuffed mushrooms followed by Dutch steak. The conversation was lively and colourful as we exchanged stories.
I stayed in the chalet in the back, which was amazingly cozy. The one drawback was that shower was extremely tiny. The chalet was extremely quiet and private, with a very comfortable bed and lush towels.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Christina M
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Booked the master bedroom - it was a last minute booking and had no time to review what other's had written.
Spent 2 nights, the room we stayed in was Xaviera & her partner's room - spacious with a balcony. The only drawback was that the wardrobes were full up with her clothes :-)
The house is like a museum, really liked it + all the pictures !

The care taker (sorry forgot his name) was very friendly & helpful. Xaviera/partner were away, would have loved to meet them, may be next time! Amsterdam centre is a good 20 mins+ walk.

Highly recommend this place, there is parking as well....for an extra charge.

Room tip: Master bedroom if it's available !
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hegde_n
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We booked this bed and breakfast with a little speculation. However when we got to Amsterdam we were pleasantly surprised at the apartment that we were given for our short stay. It belonged to a local artist and we had his place all to ourselves. It was a great way to be able to get up at our leisure and make our own breakfast with a fully stocked refrigerator. It was close to the main city centre and in a nice neighborhood. Its a 30 minute walk to the main attractions and we like to walk! The owner of the apartment was very nice and we recommend to anyone when booking here to request The Artist as the room to reserve. It was well worth the money and the experience!!

Room tip: Choose The Artist room. This way you will have the whole place to yourself and you can make your own breakfast and be able to enjoy yourself from a local point of view.
Date of stay: September 2012