Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kirill I
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia

Xaviera Hollander's Happy House...IT'S AWESOME HEAVEN

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Jul 2013
GOOD PLACEMENT..vintage interior...NO COMMENTS....HEAVEN IN AMSTERDAM...staying in this place was very very wonderful...just happy mood...city views from balcon

Date of stay: July 2013
    £237
    £363
1.6 miles from Xaviera Hollander's Happy House BB
View more hotels in Amsterdam
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2013

You will feel at home at The Happy House in Amsterdam. I was so relaxed that I enjoyed breakfast, while still in my PJs. Also, they serve breakfast up to 11 AM, so sleeping late isn't an issue. The garden is a delight and filled with interesting exotic foliage. Every room has a personality and style that has a 70s groovy feel to it. You will be very well-connected to anything in the city, but you won't have to put up with the hoots and hollers of roving stag parties. The hosts are attentive to your every need, without being intrusive. And buy the book and get it signed! The Happy Hooker by Xaviera Hollander is a historic piece of literature that was part of what led the sexual revolution of the 70s.

Room tip: If you are a couple looking for a romantic getaway, pick the garden shed! The Golaith room was great for two friends, and has a small balcony onto the roof.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We booked and paid for a 2 bedroom smoking apartment via another website (Wimdu) and what Xaveria (the lady who took the booking) neglected to tell us was that she was giving us ONE ROOM IN SOMEONE'S NONE SMOKING SHARED APARTMENT. The apartment owner lives in the apartment and confirmed she acts as an overflow for Xaveria! She was mortified when we explained what we had paid for and understood how disappointed we were, When we said we wouldn't sleep in the same bed, a mattress was put on a floor for one of us to sleep on and Xaviera thinks it appropriate to keep the £150 she charged me for this ridiculous situation (for one night)!! The apartment owner looked at the information on the Internet for her apartment and contacted Xaveria to remove her details immediately. Needless to say we had to source alternative suitable accomodation and I would NEVER EVER use this lady again!!!

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
10  Thank SuefromMadchester
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Staying in the home of Xaviera Hollander while in Amsterdam was a delightful experience and one of my favourite parts of my visit to Amsterdam. I enjoyed Xaviera's book, The Happy Hooker, as I came of age in the 1970s. She is an inspiring human being. Staying in her home was an honour. Xaviera and I did not get to meet as she was in Spain during my time in Amsterdam. However, we did speak on the phone. I love that she lives life fully and on her own terms. People who appreciate the body of work Xaviera shared with the world will enjoy this B&B. I stayed in the Chalet. It was lovely. The staff, Adrian and Stefano, are spectacular hosts and interesting people. They made me feel at home. They were inspiring conversationalists with excellent english. This is now my preferred place to stay in Amsterdam.You may also wish to pick up some autographed copies of Xaveria's books for yourself and as gifts for friends. Enjoy!!

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Kathleen T
Reviewed 16 April 2013

One of the things on "my List" in life to do was stay at the legenday Happy House in Amsterdam, and meet Xaviera herself. After contacting her about my request to book a stay I was fortunate to exchange a few emails with her and also spend an evening with her and Philip over dinner on my stay.
The B&B is definitely comfortable with all amenities needed, great location in a safe and upscale part of Amsterdam. Great hosts and Philip is a great cook as well! The charm and warmth you expect will be delivered ten fold! I will definitely be back!

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank wildkat2000
Reviewed 23 March 2013

A safe, welcoming, comfortable place to stay. Xaviera is a force of nature, if you are lucky enough to run around the city with her you will see what its like to be treated like a celebrity. Philip is just the coolest host you could meet as well, easy to talk to, intelligent, down to earth, friendly. The rooms are comfortable, the food is great. The city is right there for you at their doorstep. You are 1 train stop from the airport, only a short tram ride from the city center, shopping, and museums district. You can just walk out the front door and find tons of good food and things to do within walking distance. Their local advice will help you make the most of your time in Amsterdam, whether you are looking for high culture or just a great time. This was its been almost 20 years now since my first trip, whenever i go to Amsterdam, thats where I stay.

Room tip: Rooms in Holland are small. The bigger rooms or chalet may suit travelers accustomed to larger rooms better.
Date of stay: March 2013