All reviews happy hooker living room wonderful hosts city centre cold cuts five minute walk three nights van gogh museum nice stay visit amsterdam chalet goliath tram fridge museumplein dutch euros
Reviewed 25 February 2015

I booked two nights at this B&B mainly because tripadvisor tags it as free parking.
Well- IT IS NOT !!! They charge 30 Euro per day !
More important- When I arrived they informed me that they accept only cash. I did not have any, and they instructed me to the nearest cash machine. Quote from their email following correspondence with them later
"Jews and italians almost always carry kessef or real mesomme (cash) in their pockets with the difference that Jews always want reductions and Italians never bargain"
Watch out for that trick !!
(Later they claimed that if I insisted they would allow Visa, but this is not true)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank eddy h
Reviewed 18 February 2015

We stayed here as our original accommodation fell through. We stayed in the 4 bed loft apartment and this was fantastic!! True value for money. Although in the south of the Dam, taxis only cost 10 euros at night to get back, and there are regular trams during the day. Once out though you are out for the day so the distance is not a problem. We walked to the Rikjmuseum one day and this wasn't too far. A great short break in a very welcoming accommodation.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2015

Nice place, very quiet, with good possibilities to reach the city-centre anytime. Very good atmosphere and recommended to only French-speaking tourists because Xaviera fluently speaks French. German is also a good possible way of communication.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

Excellant personal service with very friendly owners on site, Xaviera and her spouse are a very interesting couple and where a delight to spend time with in the evenings.
Great breakfast and a very comfy bed, definitely going back next year

Room tip: ask for the chalet in the back garden
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

I grew up in Canada just north of Toronto. Around 1972 or so I got hold of the book "the happy hooker" since I was 13 or 14 years old it became my nightly companion. I couldn't believe my boyhood heroin was operating b&bs in Denmark and Spain. I told my wife about my first boyhood love and that we were staying at her house in Amsterdam. Well she is everything I imagined and more. I feel so fortunate to have met in person a great woman.What a wonderful experience it was. My wife loved her as well, I went to bed and they stayed up and chatted. Xavier and Phillip are wonderful hosts. I had a good time hanging out with Phillip, he's a great guy and very very helpful directing us to the spots in Amsterdam. We are planning to stay with them again in Spain in December. We are looking forward to seeing our good friends again.

Date of stay: November 2014