Nova Apartments Amsterdam
US$214
US$159
Room Mate Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$117
  • Pool
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$104
US$372
US$271
US$260
US$228
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$100
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$156
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsconcert hallnice apartmentminute walkbasement apartmentkitchenette areatowels changed every dayeasy commutemicrowave ovenmuseum quartergreat locationquiet streetlarge supermarketwell equipped kitchenstove topthe upper floorsnon smokingbeds were comfortable
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Really lovely accommodation, easy to get to, good instructions. Nice part of Amsterdam glad we did not have accommodation near the Central Station.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 15 March 2012

If you want to feel inside the city an apartment is the best solution!
And the best apartaments are the Nova apartaments!
I went there in February while it was freezing outside and was delighted to the apartamnet.

There was everything you could need:water and wine glasses,pots,kitchenwares, a washdisher,a stereo,coches,2 tv, many many other fab things and an extremely comfy bathroom! I loved so much laying in an hot water bath with -10° outsided!
Having breakfast in the morning while the apartament was kissed by the sun was a pleasure.
But I have to admit that the hardest thing was that we had to get up from the bed........it was the best and most comfortable bed I have never slept into! My back is still dreaming that mattress! And what to say about the awesome patio/balcony we had...

Another magnificent thing was the daily cleaning. At night we found the apartament immaculate. These people are extremely kind. When I broked a wine glass the staff member
wasn't "angry" but he was worried we had enough glasses!
Moreover I called the reception on Saturday and they were so kind to reserve a car for me
for the next morning at 5am to pick me up to the airport.

I really enjoy my stay in A'dam thanks to my wonderful friend, the dutch kindness, the amizing city and the Nova apartaments!!

Thank you very much from Italy and I hope to see you again in November!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank dusk1991
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Near tram stop and a nice restaurant, nice room. As you arrive an envelope Containing instructions welcomes you! The rest is easy!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We stayed here this past weekend for 3 nights and what a fantastic job my honey did with securing this apartment. This is a totally self-serve apartment. There is no receptionist or anyone to greet you. The only staff are the care takers, who did a fantastic job and were very attentive.

We arrived in Amsterdam much earlier then the 2 p.m. check-in, but still headed over to the Apartment as Kartel arranged an early check-in. There is a small red "Nova Apartments" sign outside the apartment entry. At the apartment entry (on the outside) you ring a bell for the receptionist on the intercom to the left of the door. The man greeted us via the intercom and advised us to leave our luggage inside the foyer area by the stairs and to return at 1 p.m., then buzzed us in.

We returned at 1 p.m. and once again buzzed-in by the receptionist via the intercom to find our luggage still by the stairs in the foyer as we left it earlier. We were under the impression our luggage would have been delivered to our apartment or moved to a secure location from the earlier conversation with the receptionist as both of our business laptops were with our luggage. There also was another guest waiting with us. There was no envelope with our name or a key for our apartment, so the caretaker phoned the receptionist and the issue was resolved after Kartel & the other lady explained the situation. The caretaker showed us to our basement apartment # 72/1 & the other lady to her apartment, which he was still cleaning. There is a lift in the building, but the lift does NOT go to the basement apartments. There are some steep swirl steps you need to climb down CAREFULLY to reach apartment # 72/1 and I was concerned about injury down those steps with our luggage, but to our rescue the caretaker swiftly carried our luggage to our apartment.

The apartment was very clean, well decorated, and airy for a basement apartment. There is a kitchenette, adequate luggage storage and everything you will need for your stay. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The room is cleaned daily. The linens and towels also changed daily. Your room will be cleaned between 11 am-4 pm daily.

These apartments are non-smoking; however, on our second day we smelled cigarette smoke in our room. Kartel and I are non-smokers never smoked a day in our lives so this was rather annoying, but because we were headed out for several hours we didn't make a big fuss as we didn't know were it was coming from. Kartel read other reviews about appliances not working & electrical issues. Well with his "it can't happen to us mentality," late Sunday night a fuse went out when Kartel plugged the iron into outlet near the hob. We had no electricity in the bathroom and on the outlets over the kitchenette area from Sunday night until we left Monday morning.

The location of the apartment is ideal and centrally located to everything. It's located a short 5 minute walk to the Museumplein tram stop. Tram #5 to Centraal Station will take you to all of the major sights. It's also a short walk to supermarkets, restaurants, the "I amsterdam" sign and the Van Gogh museum. Vondel Park was only a 15 - 20 walk, but the #5 tram can take you there as well.

Kartel sent an email to the Receptionist on today advising of the electrical issues and the smell of cigarette smoke in our room. The receptionist didn't respond to the electrical issue only noted that they are a non-smoking facility and that the next guest complained about smoke in our apartment, as if we were the smokers.

Overall, the apartment suited our needs: to sleep, shower, & store our belongings. The location can't be beat as it's centrally located. Would I stay here again? Not sure. I would give it some thought as the electrical issue, no lift to the basement, and the disorganization with not having our information ready on time would have me searching else where. If I had to stay here again based on location only - absolutely!

Room Tip: Don't request the basement apartments.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lola M
Reviewed 7 October 2010

This is an apartment: no hotel reception, but when you ring the doorbell and tell your name, they let you in, and on a table in the lobby you'll find an envelope with the room keys. The credit card number you gave when you booked the room is charged when you arrive, and you'll receive a receipt to the room next day. There is a lift so no need to worry for the stairs and heavy baggage. The apartment was spacious with a kitchen, livingroom and a bedroom. There was a balcon facing a garden and it was very calm and quiet. Kitchen was fully equipped (despite a microwaveowen) and the bathroom was nice and spacious. Cleaning is done everyday. By the telephone you could contact the reception, and for example I asked them to call me a taxi when I was leaving. The only minus comes from that I specifically asked a taxi that accepts credit card, and it didn't... The apatrment is close to the Van Gogh museum and several tram lines run nearby.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends