“A nice home away from home”

Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC
Ranked #93 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
Vancouver, Canada
“A nice home away from home”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Qbic Hotel WTC at each end of a three-week bicycle tour. The first room we found quite narrow and awkward, especially as we had a tandem bicycle inside with us. (It was pretty good of the hotel though, to allow a bicycle in the room.) The lack of any light from or view to the outside, especially when combined with the jet lag, also made it rather disorienting. At the end of our tour we had a much larger room on the third floor, this one with a window, which was just fine for us. The staff were warm and helpful and we were very comfortable there.

Room Tip: We were more comfortable in the second room we were offered - more expensive, but it gave us the spa...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Hunter,

When our guests are happy, we are happy ! Thanks for your review and compliments for our team. I sincerely apologize for not having been able to solve your issue on site.(change to another room with windows) on the first night! Sorry, if you call us you can book a room with a view next time. Please do not hesitate to do this! Looking forward to your next visit, we will arrange new cycling routes! With kind regards ,

Stephan Schothuis Team Qbic Amsterdam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Very simple, clean & easy going hotel, such a relaxing atmosphere.
You are left alone but there is also someone there when needed, the staff are helpfull. & polte.
Rooms are smart & comfortable.
A 10-15 minute tram journey into town, pretty easy to work out.
Breakfast is simple & nice.
All in all a good experience & would use again (hence why I'm on here ...ready to book my next stay!)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank markDyoung
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Mark,

Perfect… helpful, comfort, good.. Only compliments :) Thank you for your review, great to read! It is a pleasure to have you back in our hotel any time soon, so we can show you a perfect stay once again! Please do not hesitate to call or email concerning your preferences in room. You can try one of our new Qbic rooms?

Looking forward to your next visit.

With kind regards , Stephan Schothuis Team Qbic Amsterdam
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner decided to stay in the qbic hotel after seeing photos of the neon lights and strange room layout as it seemed interesting. The room was windowless, we stayed for 3 nights and due to the lack of natural lighting by the end of our stay we were waking up half way through the day thinking it was the middle of the night, not great for the body clock. That aside the room was ok...despite the fact we just had a neon light by the door and not around the bed as advertised.
The cleaning staff need to learn to acknowledge do not disturb signs. Everyday we were woken up by house keeping walking into our room despite the sign, this May have been a blessing though because who knows how long we would have slept for in the windowless cage without their unwanted wake up call.
Now my main issue is with the night and evening staff. They are like robots. We were not acknowledge by them at all, they were either no where to be seen or chatting between each other at the breakfast bar and back room. They were dreadfully unhelpful, I asked one member of staff if he knew of a local coffee shop, he looked at me disgusted and replied with 'I don't know' and retreated into the back room. This happened on several occasions with the staff, I would ask a question and they would answer it. No conversation, no friendliness. The staff speak and acknowledge you as little as possible, it's like they're security guards not hotel staff. The tv in the lobby was showing a fire burning (interesting right), I went to grab a coffee and ended up stood at the coffee machine waiting for the member of staff to be bothered to come and assist me so I could pay. After waiting and been ignored for a good five minutes I decided to do it myself, I had the cup snatched from my hands as I was about to place it under the machine and payment was demanded.

All in all I would not stay at this hotel if you paid me. From the hotel staff I met upon my stay I think they all need different careers, apart from the tall blonde guy, he was lovely and the only member of staff to make us feel welcome

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Lornzylou
Dear Lornzy ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your review,

We are obviously deeply sorry about your experience with us at Qbic. This is not our standard and defenately not the way we, the service managers, should behave towards our guest. I will personally look into the concerns you raised and make sure improvements are made. Indeed Qbic Hotels has a couple of rooms without windows and we like to offer you a new room with a view next time! We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you’ve encountered.

Thanks you for taking the time to post your review all feedback is important to us and will help us to improve.

With kind regards,

Luisana Kocks

Qbic Team
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Courtesy of staff, design room, good location, very good breakfast. You can reach the center by tram within 30 minutes, the tram stop is front of the hotel. The hotel is located into the modern WTC. Amsterdam is cold but it's very beautiful city!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Franckwf,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences! Great compliments for design, breakfast, location and service managers…. WOWW! We're so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Qbic Hotel. Amsterdam is cold.. Though a great city for culture, shopping, dining and dancing :)! Your review will be much appreciated by future guests! Wewould love to welcome you back again!

The best available rate you'll find on our website. Even for our new Qbic hotel in London!

With kind regards, Luisana Kocks Team Qbic Hotel Amsterdam
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 18 November 2013

It has been a while since I last been at Qbic Amsterdam, and it was great to see they have been maintaining the hotel well.

We stayed in one of their new rooms. The mattress was so great, giving us an amazing night sleep. I love the efficient pod concept of Qbic.

We landed at the airport at 18h00 and were at the hotel at 19h00 in our room it is only one stop by train from the airport. The next day we took the tram into the city, which takes only about 15 minutes.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Patrick L
Dear Patrick,

WOW what a great review! We we're glad you liked the room, location and off course the mattress, After all you are in Qbic to have an amazing sleep so you are well rested to work or enjoy Amsterdam! This wasn't your first stay so we hoop to see you again soon, call us, we will surprise you next time with something new. We will make sure to keep working hard to meet our guest expectations, thank you for your compliments. Your review will be much appreciated by future guests!

When you plan to come over again to Amsterdam let us know!

Thanks again for your time in giving us this feedback

With kind regards,
Anouk Willems Team Qbic Hotel Amsterdam
Llandudno, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for our break in Amsterdam. The hotel is easily locatable in the WTC. Its in a nice quiet area of Amsterdam with parks and places to eat near by. The tram is literally around the corner and are very regular or you can hire bikes just a few minutes walk away.

The hotel itself is very clean and staff very relaxed and efficient. The rooms are very modern and quirky with their open plan bathroom. Its clear when going on any site to book this hotel that the bathroom has no doors yet people rate poorly because of this.. stupid!

Previously reading reviews I was shocked to hear there were rooms with no windows, so I emailed in advance to request a room with windows.. we got that.. however we hardly opened the blinds as our room was level with the WTC out door seating area and all WTC offices with full glass walls/windows.. not so private! However, this didn't spoil our stay.

The only thing that annoyed me at this hotel was that on the one day we had room service the cleaners left our room door open! Maybe this was an honest error and I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else. Luckily our stuff was untouched. However I'd recommended using the do not disturb sign, they leave you fresh towels on your door and you're only going to mess up your bed again.

Apart from the little error I think this is a lovely place to stay and recommend it

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, we took the lift to the top floor, great views!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah E
Dear Sarah E ,

Great you emailed us with your questions and reservation, thank you! of course we are really thankful for your review and compliments for us! We were shocked to hear that housekeeping left the door open, this is definitely not our standard! We've had a very serious conversation about this, I promise; this will not happen again in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to post your review all feedback is important to us and will help us to improve.

With kind regards, Sander Gerets Service Manager
Lille, France
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Excellent service (we were provided with an extra heater) and value for money.
Very comfortable bed and nice room. Secure location right next to Tram and Metro stops.
Friendly staff. We will recommend this hotel to all our friends and stay there again next time we are in Amsterdam.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kadriog

What a great review, thank you very much! We are so proud of our employing staff, great to get these compliments about our service and hospitality!
Your review will be much appreciated by future guests! You are more than welcome to come back any time soon.

With kindregards, Anouk Willems Team Qbic Hotel Amsterdam