“Cheap and Cheerful. Does exactly what it says on th tin.”

Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC
Ranked #92 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Enjoyed a 2 night stay here. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are stylish but very basic with no tea or coffee available in the rooms but it is available in reception along with vending machines. The Hotel is in the same building as the World Trade Centre and is over an hours walk to the town centre. I would highly recommend an all day ticket for the buses and trams. Other than that, if your not planning on being in your room much, then it is an ideal budget hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Patrick,

Good to hear that you enjoyed your 2 night stay in our hotel. I will make sure to pass along the compliments to our staff.
Your review with tips will be much appreciated by future guest. We can also recommend the public transport day card. You can buy it in the tram or bus. Tram 5 will take you to the city center in 15 minutes.

With kind regards

Qbic Amsterdam Team

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Make sure you are on very good ground if you stay in a room with someone as there isn't a separate room for the bathroom. It's a very modern design with unique decor inside. You can change the lighting to be red and like in Amsterdam street or something else. Every floor corridor is also a different colour. It's a strange one but great value. I drove there so I parked cheekily nearby although I wouldn't recommend doing that. The staff are very friendly. I stayed one night. I wouldn't stay again only because there are other hotels I want to experience but if you want to do Amsterdam on a tight budget, this one I would recommend. The corridors smell of a soap like smell that I couldn't put my finger on. That annoyed me and I don't know why. Just one of those things!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carlos_Yabrudy

Dear Carlos,

Thank you for the time to write this review. Our rooms have a unique design with a opening in the bathroom. As a guest of Qbic WTC hotel you may use the lavatory’s in the hallway of the WTC. Our hotel is next to the Amsterdam Zuid-WTC train station, but you can park your car near the hotel. Don’t hesitate to ask for tips about the nearby parking.

Anouk Willems

Reviewed 30 December 2013

WTC Qbic is a really original hotel, cheap and well located. The facility belongs to a complex where there are bars and restaurants, besides other business. South Station is right besides to catch underground, tram or bus. Bad points: Parking and breakfast are kinda expensive, air conditioning isn't independent for the room, sometimes i found the room a little cold for my liking.

Room Tip: If you travel by car, you can park it cheaply in Olympia Stadium P+R. It is easy to reach back by tr...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Jake,

Thanks for your time on writing this review and for your great compliments. Original, cheap and well located, that’s what we love to hear.
The Amsterdam South-WTC station is with a 2 minute walk indeed very close and has a direct train to Schiphol Airport. And tram 5 will bring you to the city center in only 20 minutes.

Although we’re thankful for your honest review, we’re sorry for any inconvenience. We hope to see you again and give you a perfect experience.
Stephan Schothuis Team Qbic Amsterdam

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I just came back from a short Christmas trip to Amsterdam and I stayed at Qbic with a few friends. I actually chose the hotel a month ago and I had a good feeling about it. I was right.
For the price you pay, you get more than expected.
First of all, it's very modern, the rooms are interesting and everything is clean. We all liked the idea of a room with no windows, no bathroom door and coloured lights just because it's something different; something that we never saw in other hotels.
The staff was very friendly, especially one of the girls (don't know the name,sorry) always smiling and talkative.
The trip overall was great fun and we're glad we chose this hotel. I will be back again, hopefully soon.
I recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to go to Amsterdam and is looking for something different than a normal, boring hotel. See you soon!

Room Tip: If you're looking to have fun, choose a room without windows, it's way more interesting!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Alec,

WOW, what a great review! We would be very happy to welcome you again in our hotel sometime soon. The best available rates you’ll find on our website. There you can also read our blog where we post tips and news about the city Amsterdam.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed there with my boyfriend and 3 other friends. Beds very comfy, without the "hole" (one big matrece). The hotel was amazing, definitely the best choice, gonna come back there for sure. Personnel was extremely helpful, all the time smiling, they helped us to choose where to go to party, we bought a tram ticket from them. Very nice and proffesional. The room had a huge bed and nice tv so it's nice to relax at the end of the day since the movies are in English. Very clean bathroom and the best condition. Also only one tram away from the city centre. As I assume it had one of the cheapest parkings compering to prices from another places. The best price with the best conditions and a nice design.

• Stayed: December 2013
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Diana,

WOW!!!! I LIKE :) Thank you very much for your kind words. We always love to read how guest enjoyed their time in our hotel. The beds we have in the hotel are from Hästens and Eastborn, thus ensuring you a good nights rest or a relaxing evening. As you mentioned, the city centre is just a tram ride away, and maybe for the next time we are within minutes from the airport.

Parking is always more expensive in Amsterdam, we offer a great price for our guest. Glad you liked it.

We hope to see you again soon so you can relax in our comfy beds and do some more Amsterdam exploring.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I am kind of conflicted when it comes to judiging my experience with Qbic. Because it wants to look like a highclass, fancy hotel, you estimate it by this measurement and it kind of comes out poor. But then you remember that you actually did not pay much and for this, it is quite alright then. The room was big enough, the lighting and furniture was for sure not everyone's taste, but definitely something courageous.

But I still have to make some remarks:

1) The first room we received had a bad smell, so we wanted to have another one. The handling though was done very discretely, efficiently and without question.
2) We could not find the heater, and although the blankets were very comfortable (only one though...) it was too cold during the night. As there was no phone (at least it was also well hiffen...) we could not inquire about this being bound down on the bed by lazy- and sleepiness. :)
3) As the double bed was having two matresses, the middle between the matressess bent down under our weight. Therefore the slope in the middle made it quite uncomfortable from time to time, as you role always back in the "valley".
4) I am still struggling to find one good reason for having a toilet without a door.... I can see that it can have some benefits to have a shower without a door, but why a toilet?! Even if you travel closely as a couple, for instance, it might be something subject to privacy. Not to mention the awkwardness when you travel as gender-mixed friends and only share a room for economic purposes. It really might end very uncomfortable for all parties involved...

Other than these, it was a good place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bloodmandarin

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay in our hotel. We are very glad that you were willing to take the time for you honest and extensive review. This is very helpful for future guests. Unfortunately the air-conditioning is centrally managed, but please don’t hesitate to contact the staff for extra blankets. You can do this not only by phone, but also on our Twitter account @QbicAmsWTC !

About the beds I have good news. We have new rooms with one mattress from Hästens or Eastborn, that will ensure a good night sleep. If you’re not comfortable with an open bathroom you are always use the lavatory in the hallway of the WTC.

At our lobby there’s coffee and tea for all our guests. We hope to welcome you again!

Kind regards,

Stephan Schothuis

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Qbic is a good and very cheap hotel. The design is nice. The only drawback the room had no windows! Hovewer, this was compensated by the design again. The hotel is far from the city center so it will take 15-20 minutes to reach it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ilya,

Thanks for your positive review and great compliments about our design.

We’re also glad to tell you that we’re working on a new system where guests can book a room with or without a window. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to call us or send a mail with your requests.

Our guests are also always welcome with question about the city. We love to tell you about the nicest shops and restaurants in the nearby Pijp or the completely renewed Rijksmuseum.

We hope to welcome you again as our guest in the future.

Kind regards,