“On the doorstep of Amsterdam Zuid railway station”

Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC
Ranked #93 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Qbic hotel is inside the World Trade Centre (WTC) and a few minutes walk away from the mainline to Schipol, Den Haag and Rotterdam. It is also served by a metro and tramlines. The hotel is a typical new boutique type hotel that is clean and functional. The room is OK but the "power" shower is a bit disappointing and the toilet is in an open pod. Best to go to the toilet next to the lift then for that first bowel movement of the morning. The room has high speed free internet and 99 channels of Dutch TV. Heel goed as jy Holand's kan praat. It's a room, it's clean, it's convenient and best of all, it forces you to explore Amsterdam using the ample public transport. You can get a great value 7 Euro a day travel card and see much more of Amsterdam, a city that has received a thorough spruce up over the last few years making it a stunning tourist attraction.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rayd123_123
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this honest review. The hotel is indeed easily accessible by train from the Schiphol airport, the train ride takes just 7 minutes. Other types of public transport are indeed available within walking distance, making Qbic an ideal place to explore the city centre. The absence of a bathroom door might be unusual although there are public rest rooms on every floor as you mentioned in your review.
On Dutch TV we also show many English shows, so plenty of television for everyone!

I want to thank you for the compliments about the room and location. Future guest will appreciate your tips!

We hope to see you again some time

With kind regards,
Luisana Kocks
Qbic Team Amsterdam

There are newer reviews for Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I would not recommend Qbic hotel in Amsterdam due to several reasons.

- Unkind and unfriendly personnel: there was an issue about my reservation between the hotel and booking.com and the personnel just replied that they were not responsible and they simply took no action. This happened despite they are commercial partners, and obviously, I were not responsible as well. Due to personnel’s inaction, on the night of my arrival I had - on myself - to look for the contacts of the Dutch section of the booking agency – with initial automated voice in Dutch – in order to deal with the issue. I had to make several calls in order to let the hotel and the agency communicate each other to find a solution to the problem, finally.

- Air conditioning: the room was very cold and there was no way to adjust the temperature from inside the room due to a centralised conditioning system serving the whole building. Neither it could be switched off because the windows cannot be opened and fresh air should be provided in the room. I asked several times – at least two per night - to warm it up, unsuccessfully. The only effective relief, however, was just a heater to compensate the air conditioning system. Heater and air conditioning were running in my room at the same time: a complete nonsense!

- Sewage smell and chronic leak in the bathroom: re the leak, in particular, I discovered it during the first 5 minutes I’ve spent in my room and I communicated the problem to the reception. After a while, they confirmed the problem had been solved; however, for the whole length of my stay the bathroom continued to suffer the leak every time I was using the sink.

- The shower is not functional: the water drops out of the box as there’s no way to close it. Hence, the whole bathroom is soon full of water that remains as an unexpected lake until the next cleaning round. In my case, the whole night!

- Excessively minimal furniture in the room: while I understand the philosophy of the hotel, I had only one chair, no desk, no wardrobe, and even no phone to communicate with the hall. Therefore, I had to go all the way down (4 floors) for any issue such as asking for an hair dryer or for a replacement of the shower gel (after the 2 days that it was empty).

- Poor and expensive breakfast: absolutely a non-value-for-money breakfast served in a cramped and uncomfortable hall

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gianpiero T
QbicHotelsAmsterdam, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Gianperro,

We are very sorry to hear that your experience with our hotel has not been as expected.

I sincerely want to apologize about the inconvenience you’ve experienced in your room and especially about our poor service. This is not the way we want to treat our guests!

I can’t express how sorry I am that your problems were not solved on site or that we didn’t offer you an other room!

I want to thank you again for your honest feedback. We take this very seriously and will use your feedback to improve our service. We would be glad if you get in contact with us. Please send an email to management@qbichoptels.com as we can at least try to find a possible solution.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards
Luisana Kocks

Reviewed 3 July 2014

this is a young enterprise, and the staff is very young, very friendly and eager to make their guests feel at home.
The hotel is located within the WTC, and when I checked in I realized I did not have a table. I went to the reception, and asked for a table. They told me they are a budget hotel, and only have 4 rooms with a table. However, upon short deliberation, the staffer switched me to a room with a table, without surcharge.
I had several other larger or smaller problems, and the staff went out of their way to resolve all the issues.
Since this hotel is really, really low price, I give it the note very good, for its cleanliness, staffs high commitment to make up for whatever I missed, and their great friendliness.
I will return to this location because i do value this kind of service and the feeling of being cared for personnally, and because the room was exceptionally clean and neat.
There are some drawbacks in that the shower is not separated by a door from the rest of the room, and that temperature in the room is a constant 20 degrees and can't be changed by the guest. However, when I complained to the staff about this, they came up with a creative solution within a quarter of an hour and I was given a heater, so my room would be warmer, as I requested.
Go look for such dedication...

Room Tip: If you prefer sun, take one of the rooms to the south. However, you will face a busy highway, and in...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Great to read your review. Always great to see positive feedback about service.
This will make our service oriented staff very happy. Regarding the open bathroom; all our guests are free to use the public restrooms which are located on every floor.
Looks like you had a great time in our hotel, and hopefully in Amsterdam too.

So once again thank you very much, and we would love to see you again soon.

Spread the word!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you want to stay in Amsterdam in a good & cheap accommodation, you can try Qbic hotel! Hotel is very close to Zuid station, so you are about five mins of train away from the airport. Moreover, you can take the "5" and be in the city center in 20-25 minutes. Not bad!
Rooms are quiete and clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
QbicHotelsAmsterdam, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us.

It is wonderful to read that you have chosen the Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC during your trip to the city of Amsterdam.
I definitely agree in saying that the location of the hotel is very convenient, as you mention the hotel is located within walking distance of the Railway station Amsterdam Zuid and within reach of many of the highlights which Amsterdam has to offer.

We thank you once again and hope to see you back soon.

Greetings

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We want back since our last stay about 6 months a go. We stayed on the brand new floor. The Cubi's look really cool. I just love the small details on the room. Staff is so kind, they seem to know all the details there are to know about Amsterdam. This time we had the breakfast, for only € 11,- per person, this extended buffet, with excellent coffee was fantastic!

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms on the 4th floor, they are amazing!
1  Thank Esther H

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel the staff and its concept.

To make sure you will receive the best personal service and best available rate please always book via our own website.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

the rooms are ok for short stay..
only the shower floor when wet is very slippery.
i am happy to stay there!!!............................................................................................

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank De Vos S

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences about the Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC.
It is wonderful reading you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you return to or hotel when you will travel to Amsterdam again.

We thank you once again and hope to see you back soon.

Greetings

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We knew that European hotel rooms are small so we were not surprised with the size of the room. If you are coming from U.S. or Canada and plan to stay at the Qbic as your first hotel, embrace yourself with how little space the room has, if any. If you are used to North American standards, you could find yourself very disappointed with the size of the room.

Lighting in the room is poor. You could have fun with the colourful lighting choices but for practical purposes, you will need to rely on natural lighting - assuming you had windows in your room.

You cannot adjust room temperature by yourself. You will need to ask staff to adjust it for you. Be prepared that the room could be rather warm when you first step in. Our room got comfortable after we asked for help, twice, with adjusting temperature.

Breakfast is continental style. If you did not purchase breakfast option when booking the hotel, be very careful when you first check in. The staff would tell you to help yourself to breakfast even if you did not purchase it. "It's okay" as they told us. When we checked out, we were surprised by a whooping 132 euro charges for breakfast (4 persons, 3 mornings, for 11 euro per person per morning.) Some mornings some of us only consumed a croissant and a coffee - if only we had known what they meant by "it's okay."

The hotel is very close to the tram stop (route 5) so that's convenient. If you like to travel across town to see things like we do, you won't mind the ride, which could take 20 - 30 minutes to get to Central Station including waiting time. If you are careful with how you use your time or if you expect to go in town more than a few times, then the hotel is a bit far.

Other than the expensive "misunderstanding" about our breakfast charges, staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows, if any available.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Whitby139

Dear guest,
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this valuable feedback for our future guests.
Our sincere apologies about any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.
The breakfast isn’t included in the standard room price. We are very sorry that we made it look that way. This is not how we want to welcome our guests! We will inform our guests better about the prices and conditions of the breakfast.
We hope you still had a great time in Amsterdam. Good to hear that the public transport was convenient for you. The tram, train and metro station is indeed around the corner and will bring you to the city centre, central station or Schiphol airport in no time.

Please don’t hesitate to call us upfront when you visit us again. We will provide you with a special breakfast.