Hotel Cafe Corner House
US$137
US$448
US$423
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$424
US$354
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$186
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
US$366
US$240
US$308
US$292
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$115
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdam squareno liftgreat locationsteep stairslast minute bookingshort walk from the train stationquad roomstayed here for one nightfamily roomgreat showerbar downstairsboiled eggscentral hotelbreakfast includedhotel roomfive minute walkdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have just come back from a 3 night stay and whilst my stay didn't get off to the best of starts it did get a lot better.

Firstly, the location is great; being just a 2 minute walk to Dam Square and 10-12 minutes to Centraal Station. The reception is in the bar area and, when I got there, at around 9.30 am, I was told that my room would not be ready until 2.00 pm but there was somewhere to store my bag, so this was no problem.

When I did get to my room (number 10, on the 4th floor, watch those stairs) it was a little on the small side and there was no where to store any clothes, not even a bed side cabinet. It did have it's own bathroom, which was a bonus but because I was in the roof, the slope of the room did make everything a bit cramped. There was a TV but it didn't work, or so I thought. I did ask for it to be fixed and twice I was told it had been but when I tried to turn the TV on, with the remote control, nothing happened. Eventually, one of the members of staff came up and showed me how to work the TV and what they didn't tell me is that you have to switch the bedroom light on, to make the TV work! Slightly strange but it got sorted.

The breakfast was OK, some very lightly done toast, jam, hard boiled egg, ham and cheese and a cup of tea or coffee.

The staff were very helpful and, during the day, the bar seemed to be a very popular place. I did try the English breakfast, when I got there, and it was good. Price of drinks was not to expensive either.

Overall, a good place to stay and I would certainly suggest checking it out, if you are planning a trip to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

2 mins away from the main town and 10 mins away from train station. The room was very clean and tidy, tye beds was comftable and good selection of tv channels. The room had nice big windows that completely opened out. Brand new bathroom/ wet room. I would definitely stop here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Good points: Great location in the centre of Amsterdam. Booked well in advance and got a good price. Private shower/toilet. Breakfast was good - Dutch breakfast: Ham, cheese, toast, boiled egg, jam, honey, cheese spread, OJ & coffee.

Bad points: My bedroom was 6' square. No wardrobe / drawers / coat hanger so had to live out of a suitcase for 5 nights. No mirror either.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 9 June 2014

GOOD: Yes, the entrance is a bar/restaurant. Easy to find, excellent location. Very comfortable hotel room for four people, exactly what is shown in pictures. Very comfortable and clean. The room was cleaned and bathroom amenities were provided everyday. Breakfast was included which was a great surprise, although it was always the same (boiled egg, cheese, toast, butter, jam, coffee or tea, orange juice). The staff was friendly some more than others. Wifi worked in the hotel room. There's an intercom in the room where you can contact and be contacted by reception, but no phone in the room for outside calls. However, that wasn't a problem since they were kind enough to lend you the phone at the reception to make local calls.
BAD: Too many steep stairs, very dangerous specially with luggage. Dingy rug in the hotel room. Same breakfast everyday. A table in the room would be a great plus!!!

Room Tip: Nice view to the front of the hotel, no A/C, not so noisy the higher you go.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nucita80
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very central and easy to locate. Friendly staff and lovely room with a fantastic view. This was my first visit to Amsterdam and I could find all the info I needed about attractions at the reception. Would defiantly stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends