“Beyond bespoke Tourism : A memorable experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amsterdam Delicious

Amsterdam Delicious
Ranked #27 of 56 Food & Drink in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Amsterdam Delicious offers unique culinary outings in Amsterdam. Concepts fitted to each group and occasion, starring local food experts, chefs, brewers and suppliers.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beyond bespoke Tourism : A memorable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

How to LIVE a city, big or small? How to EXPERIENCE the best it has to offer? Certainly not by following the beaten tourist paths.

A few days ago, I experienced an amazing and authentic "Amsterdam Delicious Food Tour", led by Rianne, on rented bicycles.
We first took a ferry to the Eye Museum, from where Amsterdam's skyline is beautiful. The Museum's architecture itself is also worth a visit.
Then we cycled to Café de Ceuvel an incredible place, a dream made true through crowd funding, a café made of up-cycled materials. All food is organic, music is fantastic... don't forget your swimsuit and eco-friendly suncream.

We then headed for a street market -all great food- to end up having raw fresh herrings at Vis Van Henry. Henry will tell you everything about the precise region of origin of every fish (and I chickened out of gulping the whole fish, I had it in small filets instead)

After a great herring...... Genever of course!
We went then to Papeneiland café, opened in 1642, and beautifully preserved. Everyone there was so happy to share stories about the place: that's how I learned about the tunnel to the secret church, the boiled eggs tradition..... and we ended up trying the delicious home made apple pie with whipped cream.... yummy!

After one or 2 more stops at terrasses in the sun, the tour ended back at the bike rental station.
That was really the best 5 Hours I ever spent in Amsterdam (and I've been there quite a lot before). Honestly I could have been charged double, it was worth it!

The reason behind the success of this tour is of course Rianne, a human being deeply and personally committed to support sustainability, proximity small shops and organic food.

It was not only a "Delicious Tour", but also a healthy, fun and very gratifying experience.

To be recommended
Jean-Christophe

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Xphe

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amsterdam like you've never seen it before”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I loved this very special, personal and cool tour! Rianne takes you to places you have never seen before. I myself am from Rotterdam but Amsterdam has been my second city my whole life, yet, she has shown me places I've never seen before, partly because if there is someplace new, she will know about it and take you there. On my tour, she took us to local (pop-up) markets, to a coffee maker who had just started his business and to cool upcoming neighbourhoods, all off the beaten track, but classic Amsterdam. You can immediately tell Rianne has put her heart in this experience. Her small business is all about her love for good and real food, wine, coffee and the city and people who live and work in it....

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Kariki
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great way to spend three hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My parents were visiting Amsterdam in April and seeing as how they love to eat (as do I), we thought a food tour would be fun. Rianne arranged a personalized programme based on their interests and likes, and we spent three hours discovering lots of cool shops serving local and mostly organic products in the Jordaan area. For all of us it was a side of Amsterdam we weren't familiar with and never would have discovered on our own! Her knowledge about the local food scene is impressive and she gave me tons of tips about good restaurants and food shops (which she sent in an email promptly after the tour, thanks for that!). We especially enjoyed the fish shop as evidenced by the pictures!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank loserkels
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best thing ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

THANK YOU Rianne, for such a brilliant tour around local Amsterdam! We had the best time and we can't stop talking about it to our friends and family! I actually think it was the best thing we've done, on any holiday we have had! So unique and local and personal. Thanks for the extra tips too!
We would recommend Rianne and her tours to anyone seeking an 'off the beaten track' or 'real' Amsterdam experiences!

1 Thank Bron D
Hurghada, Egypt
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“interesting tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

i was in Holland in august 2013 for my wedding and just few days before i got the chance, with my friends, to partecipate to one of this amazing tours customized for our need.
Being a bunch of italians with a great love for good food and good drinks Rianne organized for us a tour that included a visit to one of the best shops where you can taste the traditional Dutch herrings, paling (smoked eel) and some other kind of fish and seafood.
It was delicious and everybody enjoyed the raw herrings and the very peculiar mix with the white onions.
The little brewery where we could see the entire process that transform few ingredients to a variety of beers of excellent quality was one of the highlights of the tour and very much appreciated from all of us.
One stop at the street food market where you can try foods from different countries,cooked at the moment in a very friendly atmosphere was a blast because the italian cusine was very well represented and some of my friends that are not accostumed to different tastes really appreciated it.
Last but not least,the visit to a bar where you can try a wide variety of coffee and for italians this is an almost sacred matter.
Every kind of coffee is prepared in the traditional way of the country of production and you can really taste the different aromas.
The organization included also the bycicles for the ones that didn't have one and the distance from one place to the next was very acceptable....especially for anything that came after the brewery....!!!!
Thanks a lot to Rianne that made this tour one of the most interesting experience and at a very reasonable price.
for sure we will be back

Visited August 2013