“Very good option!”

Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
Ranked #127 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Its only to sleep before you are leaving, free parking the time you are travelling, shuttle bus to Schiphol, its a good deal and I did it 3 times the last few months.

A nice bar, open till 01.00 with nice people and a cold Heineken!

The rooms are simple but okay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 1leobrasil
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear 1leobrasil,

Thank you for taking the time to put your review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall time and that the staffs were at your service.
Your suggestions are very important to us because they help to maintain and where necessary improve the service you can expect from us.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,365)

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Been there on business. The hotel and its facilities were new. But that's all on the good side. The hotel front desk staff was unhelpful and unprofessional. They just did what they "wanted" to do and they gave answers that were convenient to themselves which might not be the fact. WIFI was supposed to be included in the room rate but was down for the last 2.5 days. All the font desk staff could do was to argue that it had not been down for very long and tell me that the hotel's IT Manager was working on it himself ALL DAY !! I had got free bottled water in the room for the first 3 days and didn't get it on the 4th. I politely called the front desk and the lady told me that she had worked there for 3.5 years and never heard of free water provided. To be fair, the staff at the restaurant was good though.

Room Tip: There are many hotels around Amsterdam airport that offer free shuttle services.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lolofans
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback Lolofans.

I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience during your last stay with us.

I have shared your review with our Front Office Manager and Front Office Staff. They would like to thank you for your feedback and apologize for your poor experience. We hope you’ll be back soon to enjoy our improved service. As for the internet connection I’d like to let you know that our Technical Department is working hard to better the connection throughout the entire hotel and this new service should be in place in the near future. This doesn’t take away any inconvenience you’ve felt during your stay, my apologies.

It’s great to read you’ve appreciated the service of our Restaurant Staff and I happily shared your comment with them.

Should you come back to this area in the future I’d like to very much welcome you again so we can redeem ourselves and make your stay a pleasant one.

Regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

The structure of the entrance only allow small bus to enter the hotel. As we come in a big group, our long bus is unable to enter into the hotel. We have to stop at the road in front of hotel and drag our heavy luggage about 100m to the lobby. It is very troublesome especially during raining days.

The free shuttle to the airport is also relatively small (about 12 to 15 seats) and you need to make a booking to ensure you have a seat.

Other than the above, the hotel is a good airport hotel and we do find the stay in hotel comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear OoiFK,

Thank you for taking the time to put your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall time at the hotel.

Regarding your feedback about your bus not being able to reach the main entrance of the hotel, I would like to inform you that it is indeed possible to drive a large bus to the upper parking deck of the hotel. Probably the bus driver of your group was misinformed, and I am very sorry to hear that this meant that you had to carry your luggage all the way up to the main entrance of the hotel.
With regards to your feedback about the size of our shuttle bus I would like to inform you that the reason why we ask our guests to make a reservation is because this way we can provide a larger bus in case we have more than 16 seats reserved.

I would once again like to thank you for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you back at the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport when your travels bring you back to the area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had to stay here after my conference in Amsterdam. It's right by the airport and have shuttles every 15-30 minutes which is convenient if your catching a really early flight. Very modern hotel with a nice front desk staff. Only things I did not enjoy about this hotel is they put me in a double bed room when it was just myself so I had to change rooms. The room was very small and on the -1 level so you can only see the highway. I was really annoyed they only had wifi in the lobby and ethernet jack in the rooms. Didn't check out any other facilities within the hotel. I wouldn't stay here again because of the Wifi but if they fixed that I would go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Suong N

Dear Suong N,

I would like to thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to read that your stay with us was such a positive one. We would love to see you back with us in the future while visiting Amsterdam. We are more than pleased to read that our Front Office staff was at your service.

With regards to your comment s about the Wi-Fi, I would like to inform you that the hotel currently has Wi-Fi in all its public areas, and cable internet in the rooms. But we are also working on a solution to improve our Wi-Fi connections throughout the whole hotel.
Regarding your comment about the fact that your room was located on the -1 level, I would like to let your know that since you requested a queen-size bed instead of a double bed we had to assign a room on the lowest floor. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. On behalf of our entire staff at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Hated the KLM flight but the hotel stopped pissing me off. Very clean and comfortable; very close to the airport and friendly staff. This hotel is HUGE. P.S. Loved the wake up call. I was already awoken from a nightmare but the 4:24 AM wake up call was spot on! It was right on the second! I'd love to reccomend this hotel to anyone here!
-YOLO Right?! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Yoloman69

First of all I would like to thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to hear that you had such a good stay with us, even though your flight was cancelled and you had to spend an extra night in Amsterdam.
We are especially pleased to read that you have enjoyed the friendliness and service of our staff.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport I would like to thank you again for your positive feedback and we and we look forward to welcoming you again with us in the nearby future.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Park plaza hotel is a Gem hidden between the airport and the city, stayed on Aug. 12 for 2 nights, have a very efficient way to transport to the airport at no extra cost(every 30 min.) and also you may walk 10 min. to the closest Tramway (#1) going to Amsterdam the trip is around 25 minutes to the train terminal and cost Euros 2.80. Rooms are very spacious and tidy clean, the washrooms are of modern style (no bath tub). looks a very secure hotel and offering rooms without external noise (good sleep) , the only negative side of this hotel, is the fact that Wifi is not generally offered, also the restaurant offers a narrow menu, other than that the hotel exceeded my expectations and I certainly comeback again to this place if I visit Amsterdam in the future.

Room Tip: Ordering breakfast ahead of time online, will save a lot of Euros.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear juan M,

We would like to thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor!
We are very pleased to read that your stay with us was such a positive one and that we were at your service.

With regards to your feedback about the internet, we offer free Wi-Fi throughout public areas and free cable internet in the guest rooms. However the hotel recently installed Wi-Fi and our Technical Department is working hard to improve our Internet connections throughout the whole hotel. Nevertheless this will not take away any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Furthermore I would like to assure you that I have also shared your comment about the menu in the restaurant with our Restaurant Manager.

Once again thank you very much for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you back at the hotel when your travel brings you back to the area.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Sparkling clean, well appointed room awaited us after our all night flight from Houston.
The bed was comfortable, and the room was dark enough for a mid-morning nap before sightseeing. Check in was friendly and helpful, very easy. Although it was early, we got our room right away, an unexpected plus. We would recommend this hotel to any visitors to Amsterdam who need proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2013
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Sallylb38,

I would like to thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor!

We are thrilled to read that your stay with us was such a positive one. We would love to see you back at the hotel.