“Experience Park Plaza”

Ranked #129 of 369 Hotels in Amsterdam
Ahmedabad, India
“Experience Park Plaza”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed there for two nights in last August 2013. Though it was short stay on my way to Dubai, it was excellent adieu. The reception was nice, ambience was serene. Rooms are quite large and falling to a nice landscapes outside.
Calm and enjoyable place. I recommend to stay there and visit Amsterdam instead of staying in the bustling city crowds. Travelling from the hotel to city is very convenient as train and bus stations are very near to hotel. Additionally hotel provides transportation services free of charge to airport.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor and room with window on south. You will get excellent view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear 1959Vijay2105,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor!

I am thrilled to see that you've enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I really want to thank you for your nice comments about the hotel in total. It is our main priority to create a ‘home’ for you when you are away from home. It is also nice to read that you appreciate our free shuttle service. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to seeing you again in Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or in one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Nice hotel and good service and good quality breakfast. Room was ok lights were quite dim and heating would not work properly but overall the room was clean and practical. Staff are very helpful. Great steam room and sauna area along with a gym with a great view.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Angela C,

Thank you for taking the time and putting your review on TripAdvisor. It is really appreciated. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our hotel and I also like to thank you for your positive comment about our staff, restaurant and wellness center. Making you feel welcome is our priority and a kind comment like this truly makes our day.

I'd like to thank you for your comment about our light and heating. Should we be able to welcome you back in the future I would like to let you know that our Front Office Staff is more than happy to provide you with a ventilator to cool down or heat up the temperature in the room and they will also be happy to provide you with an additional lamp. Of course, this will not take away any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay, for which I'd like to offer my apologies.

Once again thank you for your review and we are looking forward welcoming you back at the hotel when your travel brings you back to the area.

Kind regards,

Amsterdam, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I travel a lot as usually stay at Shcipol Sheraton, I wanted to give Park Plaza hotel a try, a dressed was stolen from my room!!! And the staff of the hotel was useless helping, they just keep me calling and calling from my holidays, I doubt they even did something about.
However, pay a bit more in any of the other hotels around the area, otherwise you might end up without any of your personal stuff. :(

Room Tip: Don´t stay here, stay in some other hotel in the area. Pay a bit more, believe me, is worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Estela V
Dear Estela V

Thank you for your feedback.

We received your call a few days after you checked-out and as discussed in our conversations through telephone and email, our staff has searched for the alleged left dress on multiple occasions. Housekeeping, Front Desk Staff and Management have all looked for the dress in the room and in our Lost and Found Department. Unfortunately without any luck. I fully understand your disappointment and I wish there was more we could do at this time.

We are of course very saddened to read your comments about our staff.
You should be able to expect hospitality and helpfulness, even if they are not able to locate your lost dress. If you feel you weren’t treated as such, I do apologize.

I do hope you will come back in the future so we can make sure your next stay will be a positive one. Please feel free to contact me personally for any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a really good stop-over hotel that offer free shuttle service to/fro airport. The decor is really nice and the room is very clean and nice. Breakfast has good selection from fruits to sausages.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Wow, thanks for posting your great 5 star review for our hotel Ellacious!
I am thrilled to read you've enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and I hope next time we can welcome you back for a longer stay.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were sent to this hotel by KLM as we missed a connecting flight.This hotel is a gem among airport hotels.Very friendly and courteous staff.Modern and well equipped spacious rooms . Although unassuming from the outside, it is a different world inside. I came across the best breakfast buffet I have seen anywhere at any hotel , including some five star ones!
An excellent restaurant , run by an energetic and attentive staff providing an outstanding experience.
The shuttle bus is clean and the driver was pleasant.
Downtown is ~ 40 Euros by taxi.I think the train station is at a 20 minute walk.
I will definitively come back to this hotel whenever I am back in Amsterdam.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you Sene4454 for posting and adding another 5 star review for our hotel.

We are thrilled to see that despite your unexpected layover you’ve felt welcome and enjoyed the spacious rooms, our staff and your overall stay with us.
I’ve shared your positive feedback with our team and it truly made their day.

Thank you for your recommendation, we are all looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Happy Holidays,

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed for one night when visiting Holland on a business trip. The hotel is modern yet friendly and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was fine, not amazing but adequate. The service throughout the hotel was good, and the rooms were comfortable,clean and spacious. Definitely value for money

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Caz M,

We are thrilled to see you felt welcome and enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I’d like to thank you for your nice comments about our staff and about the spacious rooms.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy a more leisurely stay in the near future!

Warm Regards,

Minneapolis
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My flight was delayed out of Helsinki which caused a misconnect in Amsterdam. I requested KLM to send me to Amsterdam on the next flight and out of AMS next morning to Minneapolis. I had been at the Helsinki airport from 530am to 230p which made for a very long, tiring day. Upon arrival in Amsterdam I was directed to the Transfer desk to receive a hotel reservation and vouchers. The KLM staff at the airport were fabulous and sent me to the Park Plaza. I was given a 3-course dinner voucher and buffet breakfast was included. The hotel seems fairly new, very contemporary. Front desk was pleasant and efficient. The room lighting was very dim which made it difficult to see properly. Dinner was fabulous...grilled salmon...and the service was extremely efficient. I left for the airport to catch a train to downtown Amsterdam for a long walk to shake off several hours of sitting in Helsinki. The Christmas market is going on and it was a very lovely evening. I headed back to the airport and caught the airport shuttle to the Park Plaza. Their shuttle service is also efficient and ON TIME. Don't be late..you'll miss the van. I arrived back at the hotel at 1115a and went to the bar for a late night beer. Met some wonderful people and stayed until 130am. The bar staff were very patient and did not rush us out. We were all pretty jet lagged and thirsty. The morning breakfast buffet was OUTSTANDING. I'm so happy I woke up early to enjoy all the great foods. OVERALL, I'd highly recommend this property if you're overnighting for flight reasons.

Room Tip: Room needs better brighter lighting options
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear MKK10,

we are thrilled with your positive comments on Tripadvisor! It is always very nice to read that we were able to create something very positive out of something not so nice, which was your misconnection on Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Your comment on our lighting options is much appreciated, and for us an issue to take up.

We are looking forward to welcome you once again at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport in the near future. Please contact me directly in case I can be of any assistance with your reservation with us or with one of our other PPHE properties, including the brand new Art'otel Amsterdam.

Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport