“Nice hotel, clean rooms, but...”

Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
Ranked #126 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights. Liked the hotel, staff was very helpful and me and my girlfriend really enjoyed the stay, but I was really disappointed by the fact that they used my card to reserve an amount of money twice as many as I had to pay for my stay (as a deposit during the check-in) and my money is frozen for two weeks now. So I payed the bill for my stay, they took my money, but haven't returned my deposit yet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear AlexFi1985,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

First of all I also want to thank you for your nice comments about our staff. I have shared these nice comments with my staff and they really appreciated it. In regards to your feedback about the deposit and frozen money on your card I would like to let you know that the Front Office staff is always helpful if you have any questions or problems with your credit card. Regarding to the amount that we freeze from your debit card, I would like to inform you that it is for the deposit and it will be refunded within a few days to your debit card. I will also double check with accounting to make sure that you will receive the refund in a few days. Of course I do understand the inconvenience and therefore I would like to apologies.

With regards,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,364)

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed there for two nights in last August 2013. Though it was short stay on my way to Dubai, it was excellent adieu. The reception was nice, ambience was serene. Rooms are quite large and falling to a nice landscapes outside.
Calm and enjoyable place. I recommend to stay there and visit Amsterdam instead of staying in the bustling city crowds. Travelling from the hotel to city is very convenient as train and bus stations are very near to hotel. Additionally hotel provides transportation services free of charge to airport.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor and room with window on south. You will get excellent view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear 1959Vijay2105,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor!

I am thrilled to see that you've enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I really want to thank you for your nice comments about the hotel in total. It is our main priority to create a ‘home’ for you when you are away from home. It is also nice to read that you appreciate our free shuttle service. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to seeing you again in Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or in one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Nice hotel and good service and good quality breakfast. Room was ok lights were quite dim and heating would not work properly but overall the room was clean and practical. Staff are very helpful. Great steam room and sauna area along with a gym with a great view.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Angela C,

Thank you for taking the time and putting your review on TripAdvisor. It is really appreciated. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our hotel and I also like to thank you for your positive comment about our staff, restaurant and wellness center. Making you feel welcome is our priority and a kind comment like this truly makes our day.

I'd like to thank you for your comment about our light and heating. Should we be able to welcome you back in the future I would like to let you know that our Front Office Staff is more than happy to provide you with a ventilator to cool down or heat up the temperature in the room and they will also be happy to provide you with an additional lamp. Of course, this will not take away any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay, for which I'd like to offer my apologies.

Once again thank you for your review and we are looking forward welcoming you back at the hotel when your travel brings you back to the area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I travel a lot as usually stay at Shcipol Sheraton, I wanted to give Park Plaza hotel a try, a dressed was stolen from my room!!! And the staff of the hotel was useless helping, they just keep me calling and calling from my holidays, I doubt they even did something about.
However, pay a bit more in any of the other hotels around the area, otherwise you might end up without any of your personal stuff. :(

Room Tip: Don´t stay here, stay in some other hotel in the area. Pay a bit more, believe me, is worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Estela V

Dear Estela V

Thank you for your feedback.

We received your call a few days after you checked-out and as discussed in our conversations through telephone and email, our staff has searched for the alleged left dress on multiple occasions. Housekeeping, Front Desk Staff and Management have all looked for the dress in the room and in our Lost and Found Department. Unfortunately without any luck. I fully understand your disappointment and I wish there was more we could do at this time.

We are of course very saddened to read your comments about our staff.
You should be able to expect hospitality and helpfulness, even if they are not able to locate your lost dress. If you feel you weren’t treated as such, I do apologize.

I do hope you will come back in the future so we can make sure your next stay will be a positive one. Please feel free to contact me personally for any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is a really good stop-over hotel that offer free shuttle service to/fro airport. The decor is really nice and the room is very clean and nice. Breakfast has good selection from fruits to sausages.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Wow, thanks for posting your great 5 star review for our hotel Ellacious!
I am thrilled to read you've enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and I hope next time we can welcome you back for a longer stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were sent to this hotel by KLM as we missed a connecting flight.This hotel is a gem among airport hotels.Very friendly and courteous staff.Modern and well equipped spacious rooms . Although unassuming from the outside, it is a different world inside. I came across the best breakfast buffet I have seen anywhere at any hotel , including some five star ones!
An excellent restaurant , run by an energetic and attentive staff providing an outstanding experience.
The shuttle bus is clean and the driver was pleasant.
Downtown is ~ 40 Euros by taxi.I think the train station is at a 20 minute walk.
I will definitively come back to this hotel whenever I am back in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you Sene4454 for posting and adding another 5 star review for our hotel.

We are thrilled to see that despite your unexpected layover you’ve felt welcome and enjoyed the spacious rooms, our staff and your overall stay with us.
I’ve shared your positive feedback with our team and it truly made their day.

Thank you for your recommendation, we are all looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed for one night when visiting Holland on a business trip. The hotel is modern yet friendly and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was fine, not amazing but adequate. The service throughout the hotel was good, and the rooms were comfortable,clean and spacious. Definitely value for money

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Caz M,

We are thrilled to see you felt welcome and enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I’d like to thank you for your nice comments about our staff and about the spacious rooms.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy a more leisurely stay in the near future!

Warm Regards,