“Good enough”

Ranked #130 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Good enough”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed for one night for business reasons in this hotel. I didn’t use their shuttle as I was by car; there were enough parking spaces at their parking deck.

The lobby floor of the hotel was very crowded, upon check-in and -out there was a line.

The room was OK, nothing special.
The staff was helpful and welcoming at check-in as well as in the restaurants and bar.

The breakfast was OK, also nothing special.
I ‘ve had lunch that was very good but the dinner in the Romeo restaurant was for the price they asked below average. Also there was too much lighting in the restaurant, which gave it the appearance of a canteen.

On the other hand, their bar was very well decorated and inviting.

Overall I think it is more a 3* than a 4* hotel but good enough for a good night sleep for a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Johanna62,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor.

It is nice to hear that you appreciate our parking deck. I am therefore sorry that you had a line upon check-in and out. Therefore I want to inform you about our Express Check-out. If we can welcome you back in the future you can choose for this easy way to check out upon arrival. Furthermore I would like to thank you for your nice comment about our staff. I’ve shared this with them and it really made their day! Finally, in regards to your feedback about the restaurant I would like to let you know that I will make sure that this will not happen again in the future. On a more positive note I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the bar.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Iowa
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I've stayed here 3 or 4 times, most recently last month. I see some other reviewers are a bit down on this property, but I'm happy to report I've always had a positive experience here. The shuttle is efficient and on time, staff is friendly, the room is clean and comfortable, breakfast was good, and I really enjoyed the gym. I've slept well at this hotel, as it is not located on a major road. It is possible to walk to the end of the tram line from this hotel...probably quicker to take the shuttle back to the airport and then take the train into town, but it can be done. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. In fact, on my last trip I was actually looking forward to returning to this property.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear nwh1774,

Thank you for your pleasant review on TripAdvisor.

It is really satisfied to hear that you’ve enjoyed the whole stay and all the facilities in our hotel. I would also like to thank you for your nice comment about the staff. Making you feel welcome in our hotel is one of our main priorities.

We are looking forward to your visit at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport!

Warm Regards,

Melbourne
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Super clear, good size rooms, comfy beds, great shower, friendly and helpful staff and a great spread for breakfast. Our stay at this hotel was perfect. Easy access to the airport with a convenient shuttle bus that picked us up and dropped us back off at the airport. Wished we stayed longer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Louise D,

Thank you for your amazing review on TripAdvisor!

It really is wonderful to hear that you’ve enjoyed everything in our hotel. This kind of comment is really important for our hotel and I want to thank you very much for that.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to seeing you again to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or to one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area.

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This place is clean and near the airport. Furnishings and amenities are cheap. Security is good and there is a safe in the room. There is a free shuttle to the airport every half hour during normal hours but you must reserve a place. The restaurant is OK but a bit expensive for what you get, as is the bar. There are no other places nearby to eat. They told me my breakfast was included in the price when I checked in but later got a 17 Euro bill for it. It is not worth that. The wireless is free but it was so slow and weak in my room that my computer refused to connect.Ethernet did work. There is a place in the lobby to print boarding passes. The hotel is quiet so if all you need is a landing pad near the airport it works. Haven't tried anything else in the area but I will next time since nothing stands out for this.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Lasrman,

Thank you for your detailed review on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed the rooms and the shuttle service to and from the airport. In regards to your review about the price in our restaurant I would like to let you know that our prices compared to the prices in Amsterdam city center are on a same level and I'd also like to share with you that we offer special deals when booked in advance. For your next booking I would like to encourage you visit the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport website where we offer the Best Online Rate Guaranteed, subject to terms and conditions. Regarding your feedback about the breakfast that was included but afterwards you needed to pay for it, I would like to let you know that my Front Office Staff and I are always happy to help you and find a solution for the wrong bill when you tell it us that day. Of course this will not take away any inconvenience that you’ve experienced and I am therefore truly sorry.

I hope that we will welcome you again in the near future.

With regards,

Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I spent here over 1 month in autumn 2011 on a business trip. Park Plaza is a large hotel, which is (I presume) chiefly designated for travellers arriving at Schiphol and attendees of conferences hosted at hotel premises. I was basically very satisfied with high level of service and decent accommodation quality, however I must say certain furrniture were screaming for rejuvenation. I found variety of breakfest sufficient for me (I didn't get tired of it even though I must have had it more than 30 times!). Park Plaza is capable of receiving hundreds of guests so you must be prepared for some commotion happening in the lobby during their busy period. Although the hotel makes a reasonably good impression, I wouldn't recommend it to those who are planning to commute to Amsterdam on a daily basis. One option is to take a walk to the nearest tram station (10 minutes walk) and then approx. 45 minutes ride before it gets you to the city centre.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear M_Anton85,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am really happy to hear that you are satisfied with the high level of service and decent accommodation quality that we offer. I also really appreciate your comment about our breakfast. The breakfast is the most important start for a good day and I am happy that we can offer you that. Finally, it is a 45 minutes ride with the tram to get into the city center of Amsterdam but during this ride you will see a lot of Amsterdam and as you say, it really is a good option to get into the city.

We really hope that we can welcome you again in the future in this hotel or in one of our affiliate hotels.

With kind regards,

split
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I honestly do not remember how many times I have stayed at this hotel in past few years , but I do remember the service at every establishment I have visited . And for Park plaza Amsterdam airport hotel , I can tell you , service gets better every time I visit . And that is the reason I keep coming back . I stayed again just few days ago , and from arrival to departure , it was excellent experience . Booking over Carlson website took all of 2 minutes . Shuttle bus was on time at the airport . Maikel , Sheestina and Safira ( I hope I got the names right ) were very efficient and fast at the check-in , and as a Gold card holder , I got ( again ) free upgrade to a beautiful room . They do this every time I visit , and every time they managed to surpass my expectations . Room was big and spacious , amenities are very nice , and WI-FI was working without a glitch . This was my comment last year , and it is nice to see hotel actually listens to guests . Nice personal note from the manager , 3 small glasses filled with chocolates ... What more can you ask for ? Breakfast time , Yolanda was there to greet me , and it felt like home away from home . Selection is delicious , and if you expect more choice or more whatever , go somewhere else and pay more . What this hotel has to offer is way above the price I pay . Seeing Melanie at the front desk next day was pleasure again , having a long talk ( it was a slow day ) , and again , this is what travelers need - a bit of conversation , be remembered . Hotels all over have different rooms , beds , whatever , but to me , it is always people and their hospitality that decides if I am coming back or not . And I keep coming back to this one , and will , as long as I can . Yes , it is far from town . Can you use Google maps and see that before you book ? Yes , there is not much to see around . Again , wanna see Amsterdam ? Book a hotel in Amsterdam . Or take a tram , station being all of 10 minutes walk away from hotel . That gives you a chance to see a bit of suburbia . This is Amsterdam airport hotel - read the signs . Hotel location gives me time to relax , catch up on my work , and for that , this is a perfect place . Departure time - again , swift check-out , shuttle on time , and goodbye's from the staff like telling goodbye to a friend . Overall - yes , I am coming back , no doubt . For those of you , my fellow travelers , I suggest to read hotel descriptions and addresses before booking ,and then there should be no disappointment . Thank you for another wonderful stay , PPAA :-)

Room Tip: Executive rooms are very good .
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Vroc,

Thank you for your great comment that you wrote on TripAdvisor!

It really makes me happy to read that you always enjoy your time at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport. For us the main reason is to make you feel welcome and give you a home away from home. It is really good to hear that you appreciate the free upgrade again. It is for us very important to have you in our hotel. You are a VIP for us and we really appreciate your loyalty. I also want to thank you for your nice words about our staff. I shared your comment with them and it made their day.

We really are looking forward to your next visit in our hotel!

Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The above quote was written by American commedian Seth Myers describing customer service in the Netherlands. I believe this perfectly illustrates the attitude of the staff at the Park Inn at Schiphol.
After 3 cancelled flights, I was provided with an overnight stay at this hotel by KLM. I realise this means the room was free, but from the moment i arrived i was treated rudely by the staff.

When i attempted to put down my credit card to charge extras, I was told this was not possible as the room was free. When i tried to pay for a bottle of water at the bar, the barman rudely asked why i didn't put down a credit card when i checked in. The morning shuttle driver tried to leave without taking 3 of us (one smoking, one talking on the phone, me eating a croissant.), and yelled at me like a schoolteacher berating a student when i asked him to open the door and take us to the airport. Apparently the shuttle driver thought it was beneath him to actually transport people.

Ok rant over. No - wait - there is no Wifi in the rooms. The clerk explained to me that they do offer wired internet in the rooms, and that is the same thing. When i tried to explain that neither my telephone nor my ipad work on a wire, he told me i should have brought a laptop.

If you ever want to stay at Schiphol, i suggest the Hilton or Citizen M. Heck, i'd rather sleep on the street, or a bench in the airport then stay at this place again.

Please note, the Seth Myers quote above has been edited to make it family friendly, as per Trip Advisors policies.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob V
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Bob V,

First of all I would like to let you know that you wrote a review over Park Inn hotel and placed it at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport. It is really sad to hear that you had a bad experience at Park Inn hotel. I have informed TripAdvisor that this review doesn’t belong to our hotel.

I hope that we can welcome you in our hotel in the near future.

With regards,