Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
US$275
US$248
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$117
  • Pool
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$104
US$372
US$271
Orbitz.com
US$260
US$228
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$156
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$100
Orbitz.com
2,459 results
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicean overnight staybusiness hotelexecutive roomnice hoteltram stationshort staypublic transportationmin walkschipholcityklmeurossaunaconferenceplug
Reviewed 24 August 2014

stayed for one night after a late arrival to the airport. the shuttle service was very good and friendly.
we arrived at the hotel to find it was welcoming and very aesthetically decorated. quick check-in and nice night at a clean, comfortable and quiet room.
in the morning we saw a very nice view of canals in a modern environment. great breakfast with many fruits, fresh fruit juices, fresh pastries, variety of cheese and cold meat, eggs, pancakes and more.

Room Tip: we took 2 rooms with connecting door because we travel with young kids.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
JennyNoz, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Dear Marg_Mick,

Wow. What an amazing review on TripAdvisor! Thank you so much.

For us it is so important that our guest have a good breakfast. It is for a good start of a wonderful day and I am very happy that we can give our guests this good start. It is just amazing that you wrote that our breakfast is the best one in a European hotel! I am also very satisfied to read that you appreciate our hotel and all the facilities that the hotel offers.

It was an honour to have you in our hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you back again!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Checked in for two nights from Aug 22nd to Aug 24th. First the rooms. The shower door was completely off the hinges. I called the front desk to get it fixed and they said they would send maintenance which they never did. The toilet is in a separate room from the shower and sink so if you want to wash your hands you have to walk across the room just to wash them. If you want to use the gym you have to pay a 10 Euro deposit for a locker key at the front desk which wasn't a problem but when I just checked out they said they have no record of the deposit and refused to give me back the deposit - basically stealing my money! Service is probably the worst I've ever experienced in any hotel but the stealing of my money goes beyond anything I've experienced in a so called 5 star hotel. And the hotel has no wifi in your rooms. Only a cable connection. So if you have a iPhone, tablet, or Mac book air your out of luck. Even if you have to pay a little extra I would highly recommend staying in another hotel than this one.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jason E
JennyNoz, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Dear Jason E,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

First of all I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the experience that you had in our hotel. I have spoken with the managers of the maintenance and Front Office department to inform them that they need to be more secure with these kinds of issues. They have discussed this with the team because this really can’t happen. On the other hand I am very happy to inform you that since a few weeks we have free wifi throughout the hotel. Of course this does not take away the inconvenience and I am very sorry that we couldn’t meet your expectations.

I truly hope that we can meet you again in our hotel in the near future so that we can show you that these are truly not the standards of the hotel. Thank you once again for your feedback because we use this to fine tune our operations.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights from 21 - 23 August and we very happy with the location, price and staff (who were super friendly and prodessional). That's the 3 stars.
The other 2 stars were lost due to housekeeping issues and noise. Making the bed and cleaning the bathroom is only part of the housekeeper's job. They did not wash our coffee cups and replenish those supplies on both days. Bath mat was removed but not replaced.
Noise: Do not stay on floor -1. We were in room 36, directly below the restaurant. You hear every footstep and every chair bring moved from 6am. If you're an early riser it's ok but if you want to sleep in a bit, ask for a room higher up.
Otherwise the wifi worked well and the free airport shuttle was perfect.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ilana G

Dear Ilana G,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Regarding your feedback about the cleaning of the rooms I would like to let you know that I have informed the supervisors of the Housekeeping department again to be very critical when they check the rooms. For your next stay it is advisable to ask for a room on another floor if there is a room available of course. Of course this will not take away the inconvenience, my apology. I am therefore very happy to read that you appreciated our wifi, shuttle and staff. Thank you!

It was a pleasure to have you in our hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in the future.

General manager

Reviewed 23 August 2014

For a 4 star hotel I think this is a big disappointment. There are so many little things i didn't like, I don't know where to start. There are some strange things missing in the room it gives the impression of unacceptable sloppiness for a 4* hotel. For example, there is no mini bar in the room, there is tea maker but no spoons, there is no toilet brush in the bathroom(!?) etc. There is no wifi in the room, the window is not designed to open, so you can't have fresh air, superior double room advertised on line has two single beds pushed together (I don't have a clue why it's called superior), the list goes on. But, what I hate the most is this fake helpful customer service and the filthiness of the hotel. We had a problem in the room with cleanliness that the staff addressed very quickly, but the cleaning staff did such a poor job it was better we didn't even call them. Bed was full of someones hairs and so much dust it was disgusting, the carpets were full of dust and stains and bed sheets were stained as well. The hallway carpet had layers of dust stacked in the corners, and I have seen this same problem addressed in reviews in 2013, so nothing changed in over a year. I know this kind of hotel staff and management where they talk about "we will certainly take action to prevent this from happening again" or "we have talked to our cleaning staff" or "this is definitely not the standard of our hotel" and in the end "this will not take away any inconvenience this may have caused you", and then you see the same problems in reviews more than a year old, the same management reply with same generic sentences. I hate it when hotels treat me like an idiot, it wasn't an isolated case of sloppiness and poor cleaning job, it's how you do business. I liked that the tram station was fairly near the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the lobby, there's a chance you'll have a good wifi signal in room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HannahSt

Dear HannahSt,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Regarding your feedback about the mini bar in the room I would like to advise you to book an executive room for your next stay. This is a bigger room with mini bar, other extra facilities and you have access to the executive lounge where you can enjoy complimentary Nespresso and tea. Between 17:00 and 19:00 hours we have a little snack and some sodas, beer and wine. Furthermore, I am very sorry that we couldn’t meet your expectations. We are working very hard to resolve all the issues and I personally would like to tell you that it is really not our intention to treat you like an idiot. You are very important to us and your feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for staying with us and we are of course looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I would definitely stay just for the staff. the staff were very nice at every encounter. Like in disneyland. But wished that certain promises were kept such as the baby bed which was not brought to us

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
JennyNoz, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Shanthuru P,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

What an amazing title of your review! We are striving to be a very good service oriented hotel and therefore I am happy to read that you used this as the title of the review, thank you.

My sincere apologies that the promise regarding the baby cot was not kept! This may not happen and will be discussed within the team of the hotel. Thank you for sharing, sharing is caring!

Thank you again for your review and comments. We look forward welcoming you again soon.

Warm regards,