“Wow”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Description: One of Amsterdam's most remarkable restaurants, situated on the 23rd floor of Hotel Okura Amsterdam, the Ciel Bleu Restaurant has been awarded two Michelin stars and, much like the adjacent Twenty Third Bar, offers a stunning panoramic view of Amsterdam's city centre. This breathtaking vista and the luxurious design, together with the personal hospitality, all combine to create a unique atmosphere. The Ciel Bleu Restaurant's ambitious kitchen staff serve an international cuisine, prepared with seasonal products and characterised by its innovation. The Sommelier's professionalism and close cooperation with Executive Chef and Manager Onno Kokmeijer results in a perfect harmony between wine and food. The Ciel Bleu Restaurant also offers three luxurious private areas: the Starlight Room, the Salon Panoramique, and the Chef's Table in the restaurant's kitchen.
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing dinner coupled with amazing views. Amuse bouches were yum and also great fun. We had the 4 course menu with the wine pairings. Possibly the best restaurant I've ever been too, can't wait to return.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

After having tried the excellent teppanyaki restaurant at the Okura hotel we decided to check out the Ceil Blu on the 23rd floor. The views were stunning and once the darkness fell we were entertained to an incredible lightening storm across the city.
The meal started with several amuse dishes which were innovative but not particularly to our taste. We chose a 6 course menu which was mainly fish orientated. Each dish was beautifully presented and the tastes were stunning. The major let down of our whole meal was the dessert course. It was full of celery and cream and quite frankly tasted awful.
As for the 2 star requirements in the restaurant. They were over the top and intrusive. The staff were very friendly especially the sommelier but the attempted use of white gloves was pretentious and poorly carried out
The service started very focused but as the meal went on, the service started to slide down hill until at the end we were left looking at each other with a totally empty table. This is not how to treat customers.
I would suggest that this restaurant should dump the 2 star Michelin rating and allow the chef and the staff to carry out their trade unhindered by petty regulation. The chef is indeed special, the staff great but please relax and create a less start hey atmosphere.
A wine flight with the meal would be a great addition.
I will in future stick to the ground floor restaurants.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stuck in Amsterdam over the weekend on a business trip- dined alone. Amazing food and wine pairing. I am level three in WSET and the Somm here is obviously first class. They made me feell very welcome and even provided a Wall Street Journal to read. Food was excellent and this is difinitely one of the best restaurants I have been to in the world. Expensive, but defintie value for money. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My fiance and I went to this restaurant last year and it's definitely one of the best meals and experiences we have had. The view of Amsterdam from the city is beautiful and the service was incredible. The food was delicious and it was so creative. This is really a pleasurable dining experience. Expensive yes. But you get what you pay for and this is fine dining. If I ever return to Amsterdam, I would love to return here.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I selected this restaurant as the place to propose marriage to my lady (yes...she accepted) because the staff was so very helpful in helping me plan the perfect evening in advance via email from the USA. They went out of their way to accommodate and offer helpful suggestions. The food was BEYOND amazing. The atmosphere was perfect. The staff kept my secret (the proposal) until escorting us to a special private area where they had decorated for us with beautiful candles and a rose I had requested. I cannot say enough about how wonderful they made our evening and how helpful they were. 5 stars? No...they get 1000 STARS from me!!!