“The best meal I've ever had.”

Ciel Bleu Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 4,046 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$83 - US$106
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Description: One of Amsterdam's most remarkable restaurants, situated on the 23rd floor of Hotel Okura Amsterdam, the Ciel Bleu Restaurant has been awarded two Michelin stars and, much like the adjacent Twenty Third Bar, offers a stunning panoramic view of Amsterdam's city centre. This breathtaking vista and the luxurious design, together with the personal hospitality, all combine to create a unique atmosphere. The Ciel Bleu Restaurant's ambitious kitchen staff serve an international cuisine, prepared with seasonal products and characterised by its innovation. The Sommelier's professionalism and close cooperation with Executive Chef and Manager Onno Kokmeijer results in a perfect harmony between wine and food. The Ciel Bleu Restaurant also offers three luxurious private areas: the Starlight Room, the Salon Panoramique, and the Chef's Table in the restaurant's kitchen.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We've eaten at a few places of this level, and Ciel Bleu has to be one of the best ever. This was their first day back from their summer break.

We had a hiccup at the start: we were left waiting half an hour between finishing our aperitif and being able to order wine to go with our meal. As a result, the staff kindly took the aperitif off the bill, and conveyed this in an appropriate manner during the meal. The entire staff were very friendly and attentive, and the sommelier was very helpful.

We had the six course tasting menu. All of it was of exceptional quality, though we didn't particularly enjoy the celery-based pudding! They also accommodated her nut allergy very well.

They presented my partner with a cake to celebrate her birthday, again with champagne, which went down exceptionally well.

1  Thank Colin T

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I chose this restaurant for our 5th wedding anniversary as a surprise dinner for my lovely wife. And a wise choice it was.

We were assigned one of the best tables, with a corner location enjoying double view.

We were treated with multiple little bites additional to our chosen menu. Throughout the experience we were accompanied by Mr Pasquinel Kolk who served us like an elegant but unpretentious host.

We truly enjoyed all the dishes and I was particularly amazed by the "Green apple" dessert, the best I've ever experienced, with not sweet aftertaste... almost like saying pleasure without sin, sounds impossible :-)

And at the end of the dinner they reserved us a surprise which I will not disclose. Also when our host saw my wife taking a picture of the menu he immediately ran to print a copy of our exact menu choices that we could keep as a souvenir of the night. That's Outstanding service.

Only thing that could be improved: they did not have a wireless POS terminal, which means you need to walk to the cashier if you want to pay with a credit card verified by PIN (increasingly common). I am sure they will soon fix that, after all you you want to make the moment of settling a 2 stars Michelin bill as easy and painless as possible ;-)

1  Thank Ruggero F
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is by far one of the 3 best restaurants I have ever visit. The food, environment and service is from another world

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Perfect service, food and view from 23rd floor!
I would like to visit this restaurant again, recommended!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The chef lacked imagination for a vegetarian meal. ive had an 8 course meal with every dish having a differnet signature. Though i cannot complain overly. IT was a pleasant experience.