“Off the Beaten Path!”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Reviewed 22 March 2013

On the search for dinner to eat one night i manage to come across this spot and the food was pretty great. The women are super friendly and the people that come to eat here seem to be local and all quite nice.

Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

We sat in this tiny Thai restaurant/take away. The food was fresh and authentic. They were extremely accommodating to one of our party who is severely allergic to nuts.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

I have spent a long time in beautiful Thailand during my South East Asia journeys. Every time I eat at Cook kai it feel like I am back in Chinatown in Bangkok or Chang Rai..Everything is cooked write in front of you freshly just like in street food inThailand! No tricks. Love love even the tiny dining area that is very cosy and warm. The women that manage this yummy little takeaway restaurant are attentive, most gracious and don't mind cooking to order. God bless them!

2  Thank ZoeRM
Reviewed 20 October 2012

If you into a quick bite of some Asian flavor, this Thai eatery/ restaurant should be good choice. I personally just cross street and do some take away when I'm not into cooking.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I must admit that I wouldn't have stopped at this place if it weren't for the positive reviews on Trip Advisor.

We were looking for a cheap tasty meal and that's what we got! We ate in at one of the four small tables, but most of the business seemed to come from locals popping in to pick up takeaways.

The menu on the window is in Dutch but you can ask for an English menu at the counter. It's pretty standard Thai food but the portions are a good size and very good value - we paid around 30 euros for 3 main meals and a couple of soft drinks.

It's not a place to linger over a romantic meal but if you're looking for a quick and relatively cheap place I'd definitely recommend it.

2  Thank kyber1993