“Perfect evening”
Review of De Belhamel

De Belhamel
Reserve with
De Belhamel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$42 - US$60
Cuisines: European, French, Dutch, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Restaurant De Belhamel is located at the junction of two of Amsterdam’s most beautiful canals, the Brouwersgracht (“Brewers’ canal”) and the Herengracht (“Gentlemen’s canal”). It is one of the city’s prettiest spots, quietly situated at the edge of the Jordaan area and offering splendid views on both canals.In summer lunch and dinner are served outside in these lovely surroundings.Not only the location, also the restaurant’s interior is unique: the venue is entirely decorated in the early 20th century Art-Nouveau style, with many original details. The restaurant and entresol give a view over the canals, the bar offers a fine opportunity to enjoy an aperitif before dinner.From 2007 onwards Michelin has rewarded De Belhamel with a ‘Bib Gourmand’.We are looking forward to welcoming you at De Belhamel.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Restaurant De Belhamel had been recommended by a friend in Amsterdam, and when considerign a canal cruise meal I had also noticed on trip advisor man recommending a simple cruise and to eat in a restaurant - this being one mentioned.

I called ahead and booked & the staff were excellent on the phone; friendly, chatty and excellent English. Beng my girlfriend & I's first visit to Amsterdam I asked if at all possible if I could reserve a seat with a nice view of the canals and I was asked if \i minded sitting outside - I didnt.

On arrival a table for two had been reserved for us just outside with a fantastic view of Brouwersgracht canal. It was a beautiful summer evening. We had a bottle of wine and a delicious 3 course meal for €120.

I'm definately glad I chose this restaurant for our evening in Amsterdam.

2  Thank Beerfuelledman
There are newer reviews for De Belhamel

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were lucky that we got a table even without the reservation on a Sunday evening. The dishes were pretty creative, fresh, well-prepared and tasty. The service was great. Though the staff were quite busy, but they were still very professional and we could get what we wanted. The ambiance of the place was fantastic. Though may not be suitable if you are a group of travelers (more than 4) The location is very good; it is close to the central station and DAM. I do think the price was a bit expensive, but Amsterdam is a pretty touristy place so..just enjoy!

1  Thank itraveler5566
Reviewed 22 June 2014

It may not have been the best meal I have eaten, but it was very good. The location is fabulous on the canals. The service was excellent. Reservations are recommended, as it is a popular place.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

After reading the reviews on this restaurant, my partner and I wanted to give it a try while staying in Amsterdam. Before flying to Amsterdam I emailed the restaurant to explain that my partner and I were celebrating our anniversary and joint birthdays and could we book a table for 2 out on the terrace for our last night in Amsterdam. I received an email back which read, 'You can make a reservation on our website.'
If I had wanted to make an online reservation, I would have done. Their response gave me the impression they were not interested in our custom and that instantly put me off. Disappointed as I had arranged a booking in this way with another restaurant in Amsterdam and they instantly responded with welcoming enthusiasm. De Belhamel are lacking this crucial personal touch when it comes to customer service!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great location next to a canal, good service and wonderful food that is reasonably priced. We love the prawn, scallop pastry entree. The saltimbuca special was excellent, though the gnocchi was average. We eat here every time we visit Amsterdam.