“Really nice ”
Review of Mappa

Mappa
Reserve with
Mappa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #401 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Very good food, typical Italian food but everything had a nice twist to it which added something. Very nice and helpful staff. Would recommend to others!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is my first time in Amsterdam and unusually for me I hadn't done a lot of preparatory 'eating' research. The restaurant was listed in our hotel magazine and the pictures looked good. After double checking it wasn't a page advertisement I did a little more digging and it seemed to have some good reviews.

I found the website and made an on-line reservation. Given the location I was slightly sceptical as it would seem there are quite a few tourist traps in the local area. Upon arrival we entered a lovely building, you could probably be mistaken for thinking it was more French bistro from the decor but it was very alluring. Our reservation had been received and our table was waiting. The restaurant was full and more importantly it was full of local people.

There were a number of specials, sadly by the time we had arrived two of them had sold out, although I found it reassuring to hear they made there own pizza dough! We opted for a sharing antipasti to start with. It had a fairly good selection, I'm not quite sure how authentic a couple of the items were (tuna mayonnaise wrapped in smoked salmon) but there was a good selection of authentic items that included tomato tapanade on crostini, roasted vegetables, salami and a fig and goats cheese bruschetta.

For our mains I went for Carbonara and my partner the 'special' pasta. Whilst I would not suggest they were authentic (i.e. my Carbonara contained cream rather than the official egg yolk version) the dishes had an extra flair to them, my carbonara contained some spinach and roasted tomatoes which lightened the dish for example. The special which seemed to consist of beef steak, spring onions and a herb sauce had an almost Asian style fusion to it, again not authentically Italian but very tasty, and if you can put a twist on a dish and make it work who's complaining.

Full up but determined to find room for pudding we ordered a Tiramisu and a Tartufo al cioccolate. Both of these were evidentially home made and prepared with attention, I'm not to sure about the melon on the side but it was an attractive garnish.

We drank wine by the glass, nice quality and good value at e4.50 per glass.

The service was friendly and I would not hesitate in recommending the restaurant as a lovely venue for a good quality home made meal.

1  Thank postldn
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great Italian food, had a delicious Ravioli dish. Staff very friendly. It gets very busy so maybe book.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've eaten in this place probably 5 times over the last few years and it's a great reliable restaurant. It's not the fanciest, but he food is always really good, it's cozy, the staff are great and it's in a great location.
Last time I was there I had some kind of steak and linguine dish which was completely fantastic. It is very reasonably priced too but just try to book as it does get really busy.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Staff is super friendly and attentive, and our food arrived quickly, despite being very busy (it was Saurday night). Had the artichoke and leek ravioli and it was sooo good. My friends all had the spaghetti, and they said it was delicious as well. Only con was that, for an Italian restaurant, they had a very limited wine selection. Would still recommend!