“Our best meal in Amsterdam”
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stumbled on this delightful restaurant with bounteous tulips in the window on our way back to our B&B in the Jordaan. I had a truly memorable meal (as did my companion). The Sate' night entree was a succulent, well-prepared dish. I particularly recommend the scallops in garlic butter--it was incredible! The fries and vegetables were great, and the desserts were the kind you wanted to have all to yourself. The proprietor was a wonderful and gracious host. We were lucky that it was not a busy night--you might consider a reservation.

Blainesadam, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Carolyn,

Thanks for your review here on Trip Advisor. Good thing you stumbled upon us, and at the time you stopped in Tulips were, and still are, in full bloom.

We love fresh ingredients when cooking and see no reason why we can not have fresh flowers in the window. Sometimes we think more people take pictures of our flowers than our food. (Tempted many times to put a sign in the Window..."If you like our flowers you will love our food!')

Good thing you made it on a slower night, this time of the year it does stay very busy and as you mentioned reservations should be made.

If you get back to town we hope you make it once again to see us.

Blaine & Peter

There are newer reviews for Seasons Restaurant

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great local restaurant in Amsterdam, the food was lovely especially the fire shrimp! Not too expensive and good value for money. The interior is very homely as well and our waiter was especially friendly.

Dear Gonac,

Thanks so much for yor brief and kind words.

The Fire Shrimp dish has been on the menu for about 6 years and every time we attempt to take it off....well ... guest complain. So it remains on the menu and a favorite of most guests.

Hope you have a chance to visit again.

Blaine & Peter

Reviewed 22 April 2012

My partner was so impressed with the mushroom strognoff we tried, it seems unfair to the other wonderful food we had. I had the "sate" no, not the peanut sauce, it skewers. I had salmon, scallops, and the pheasant sausage. for starters, you can't go wrong with their traditional pea soup with sausage, although mine was a bit cold when served. My partner, being vegetarian, got the soup of the day - asparagus soup and loved it.
Our main courses were very good as I've said, but we did have quite a wait and my scallops had been left off (the server told me it was a mistake in the kitchen and they were brought out promptly).
so, food was fabulous, the service was good, but we did laugh we we saw the "trip advisor" sticker on the door and cards in with te ticket saying, "rate us!"
I'm fairly confident the crowd was highly international, we had a nice chat with our Scottish table neighbors, and Seasons caters to visitors. They do what they do very, very well! The food is worth the price n every way, but if you'd like a more local place, keep looking.

Dear Juju....

Thanks for your words here on Trip Advisor. Yes we do promote the site as it also promotes us. We have found that any internet help goes along way. When we started this restaurant seven years ago we did not see people by looking at the meu and then looking at their phone for a review....times have changed!

The Mushroom Stroganof has been a hit, and me as a chef, not really enjoying the texture of mushrooms, always enjoys the taste of this dish.

Sorry about the soup and forgetting the Scallops...that can happen in the rush, but try to get it out as fast as I find I missed it. Sound like you were here on a busy night!

If you do get back to Amsterdam do try to visit us again and try some different dishes.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Seasons restaurant has the best food in Amsterdam. We were in Amsterdam 5 nights and ate there 3 nights. My husband was embarrassed to return the 3rd time, but I finally persuaded him that we had to return.

The quality of the ingredients and the preparation of the food is outstanding. The 3 course menu (starter, main, dessert) is 29.50 €, while the 2 course menu (starter and main course) is 26 €. They offer an early bird special from 5 - 6 pm and on weekends (earlier hours) where you get 2 for 1. So, if you each order a 2 course menu, one is free and if you order a 3 course menu, one is free. There are a few exclusions from the menu, but basically, you can order any starter, main and dessert from the printed menu. This is an incredible bargain.

These are some of the starters we had: duck salad, crab cakes, white asparagus with truffle sauce and crispy pancetta, pear and blue cheese salad. For main courses we had baked salmon with mushrooms, boar sausage, mushroom stroganoff and the daily sate which is a choice of 3 different skewers served with French fries. We only had dessert one time because the portions are so large. The creme brulee and the chocolate sponge cake with chocolate sauce we had were outstanding.

Someone mentioned "a dog" being there. Her name is Roxanne and most patrons loved the fact that she walked around saying "hi!" She got much positive attention. Animals in restaurants is a European tradition and personally, I love it. Although my at home animals are cats, I love dogs and love that they add to the homey atmosphere of the restaurant. They are not in the kitchen - just wandering around greeting the restaurant guests.

The service and welcome from the host/owners is wonderful. If I lived in Amsterdam, I would be a regular - love this place!!!

3  Thank luvroma2
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Dropped into this central Amsterdam restaurant on way back from visiting Anne Frank's House (thought provoking too). They fitted us in with a warm welcome and we enjoyed a great starter, prawns and main (I had the satay option). Food excellent and service attentive but not interfering.
A couple of noisy americans next to us was entertainement but a really warm atmosphere. We will be back next time in the "Dam". Keep up the good work.