“Great Sushi near the chippie” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tomo Sushi

Tomo Sushi
Reserve with
Tomo Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #590 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Cuisines: Grill, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Sushi and grill restaurant
Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
“Great Sushi near the chippie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This restaurant has a good vibe about it. We ordered a selection of sushi cold dishes. The sushi was of an excellent standard if a little pricey but definitely worth it. We ordered a few items at a cost of around 2 euros per go. In the end, since we were off for some serious beers, we felt a top up of some chips was a good idea in one of the near by chippies coated in a good amount of salad cream! I would suggest that if you are on a small budget and feeling hungry then this is the way fwds.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank glen w

• Hebrew first
Helden, The Netherlands
“Fresh made sushi - excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Small restaurant in the city centre of Amsterdam (near Rembrandt square). Nothing fancy, but a clean and modern designed restaurant. Sushi is made to order and is of great quality against fair prices. Staff was very friendly. Will visit again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pascall K
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is clean and modern with friendly staff and a nice cosy atmosphere.
We ordered a selection of sushi and also hot dishes. The sushi was of an excellent standard with well cut, super fresh fish and the hot dishes were tasty and satisfying.
It was a little pricey but definitely worth it. I wouldn't hesitate to go back and would recommend it.

2 Thank niniboo
Karlsruhe
“Food was of ok quality, but be prepared to wait for tables”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

It was our first night in Amsterdam, and we wanted to try out some sushi. My husband found the restaurant online and the comments seemed good. We arrived at 9-ish on a Friday evening, and we were told that there were no available tables (the kitchen closed at 10pm). The staff suggested that we could walk around and return in 15-30 minutes. When we returned, we had to wait for a further 10-20 minutes before we're seated. So I would suggest reserving a table beforehand.
We had high expectations from the comments we've read, but the chirashi menu and the sushi set weren't that extraordinary. I'd say that the fish were fresh and of good quality, but that would be expected at any sushi restaurant.

2 Thank yuyu1208
Morges, Switzerland
“Amazing sushi place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

This place is one of the best place I ever had sushis. I was used to visit Tokyo Cafe during my stays in Amsterdam however during the last years they have really lost quality and therefore any interest so during my last visit I went on Trip Advisor to look for sushi alternatives and decided to give Tomo a try since it was seeming to stand out and the only negative aspect seemed to be the price.

Of course quality has a price but the quality of the food is just exceptional. I will for sure return there during my next trips to Amsterdam. I have only one other place in mind which could compete with those sushis it's the Heat Bar from Radisson Blu in Berlin but it was so long time ago that I'm not sure it was even comparable...

• Visited September 2013