“Sophisticated and quiet”

Bubbles & Wines Wine and Champagne Bar
Reserve with
Bubbles & Wines Wine and Champagne Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #383 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$18 - US$53
Cuisines: Delicatessen, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: Located on one of the quaintest lanes in Amsterdam, and only a mere two minute walk from the Dam Square, you will find the Champagne and wine bar, Bubbles & Wines. At this moment we serve 54 wines by the glass. Upon opening these wines are preserved by an advanced conservation system that keep the wines from losing any quality and remain in top condition, making it possible for us to serve higher quality wines. If you are having difficulty to choose or if you just like to taste some different wines, than we can offer you a flight of wine. You will get a combination of 3 half glasses; selected by grape, region or quality of wine. You will find our open wines and flights on the first two pages. We also have an extended wine- and Champagne list by the bottle, representing wines both from old as new world countries. We offer a heavenly selection of Gourmet Bites which will enhance your appreciation of our delectable Champagnes and wines.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

After reading some reviews, and given I like a good red wine + some sophisticated surrounds, I decided to check out Bubbles & Wine. It is as everyone has said....a hidden gem. Its only tiny so certainly couldn't take a crowd but I like that. A good wine shouldn't be enjoyed in a noisy bar. There are plenty of wines by the glass to choose from and the staff are informative and friendly. A great spot for a contemplative red after a day of wandering the canals.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This sophisticated wine bar is off a side street of Dam Square and is such a hidden gem! We were only in Amsterdam for 2 days and went both days! We loved ordering a flight (or two) and then having a glass of our favorite. The staff is extremely knowledgable and the service was spotless and friendly. I can't recommend it more, don't miss it! We didn't try the food, but the table next to us did and it smelled amazing.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely small wine bar, plenty of choice. Staff very helpful with choice of wine. Flight of wine was excellent as you get to try three different wines (all half glasses) of the same colour or fizz.
Well worth a visit, nibbles are very nice too.

1  Thank ladyg17
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were keen to visit having read the reviews. We emailed and asked about the food menu before we set off for Amsterdam but didn't receive a reply. However, we still decided to make the effort to find it.

The flight of wine is a great idea and we choose the champagne, sparkling and Chardonnay flights. The wines were excellent and the server explained their background brilliantly. At €28 for a flight of champagne the wines aren't cheap, but they're not really expensive either.

My only disappointment was the food. In fairness the rest of the group really enjoyed the bubbles and wine selection (see the website), but I thought it was average rather than stunning.

The bar itself was empty when we arrived around 3pm, but it gradually filled up and I can imagine it must get quite busy.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The power of Tripadvisor, is that sometimes clueless people can have a destructive effect. I am very happy to see that overall Bubbles is rated highly, it gives me a sense of hope and even makes me question my old belief that the world is run by idiots… and then I read reviews like the one from Angela and I get reminded all over again.
Fortunately a classy joint with a truly great owner doesn’t depend on Tripadvisor reviews for its livelihood. It might have had 6-7 years ago when Robert (the owner) opened the place, but he is absolutely doing something which is hugely missed in the Netherlands, running a proper wine bar! Complete with an approachable staff, a fantastic selection and an interesting bring your own bottle concept once a month where wine lovers can get together and share a bottle of their favorites. Perhaps best of all Robert sticks to his concept and never sold out to become a bar, a restaurant or a private venue… Cheers to him and to a great place where I can (and do) easily spend hours whenever I find myself in Amsterdam. Critics and tourists, if you don’t have a clue, do everyone a favor and stay away, but if you appreciate a good glass or a great bottle and want to do it in a classy yet down to earth place, this is the place for you.

1  Thank Nomad_Aristocrat