“AMAZING Sandwiches and great service ”
Review of Ivy & Bros

Ivy & Bros
Ranked #101 of 4,602 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Ivy&Bros is a store that reflects a whole lifestyle, which can be about fashion, home, work, and food. In spirit, Ivy&Bros is a neighborhood emporium - a place where one can find a mix of contemporary design objects for the home, global-chic clothing and accessories, and thoughtful and imaginative gifts and above food delicacy! We show only what we love and our inventory will change frequently, but it will always reflect the signature aesthetic and discerning taste that governs our choices.
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

This cafe is lovely, beautiful decor and great service. Food is well priced for such high quality food. The sandwiches are amazing, I'm vegetarian and the Ivy and Bros veggie sandwich is probably the best sandwich I've ever had. All the ingredients were so fresh. There's a few picnic benches outside on the canal that are lovely to sit on when it's sunny! Really recommend going here if you're planning a trip to Amsterdam, it's pretty central so it's easy enough to get to.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

More like a veggie salad with bread but still very tasty! Coffee was also very nice.
Would recommend for brunch /lunch location

Reviewed 16 August 2016

We stumbled upon Ivy & Bros accidentally as we were trying to find a cool cafe to sit and eat at. We walked in as tourists do, confused and utterly unknowing about local customs.

The girl at the counter served us with a smile and chirpily told us we could sit down and she'd come and take our order. Not five minutes later, she did just that whilst a lumberjack-like bearded fella was whizzing around serving the tables outside.

Their coffee was the best iced coffee I have tasted in my life, and the freshly baked cakes just heavenly. We were going to do the hipster thing of photographing the food before eating, but before we I could pull my phone out of my pocket, all that was left of my husband's cheesecake were a few sad crumbs. I had only just managed to log on to the (free) wifi when he was already drooling after another piece of cake.

As a visitor to Amsterdam, it was a strange feeling to see the girls open their curtains to their next door and the cafe staff being quite blase about it. Bring your kids in the morning, but keep in mind that by lunchtime the girls will be out! If you want to avoid seeing that, you can sit in the outside seating area of Ivy & Bros, watching the boats float by in the canal.

Keeping all this in mind, Ivy & Bros was one of the cheaper places to eat in Amsterdam. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Arrived here and got a table inside at 1 o'clock. Ordered two vege salads and waited. After about 20min the waiter comes and asks my gf: "you ordered salmon right?" We made clear we ordered vege salads. After 50min a group that came after us received their lunch. After an hour me and my girlfriend received two sandwiches. We were so hungry we couldnt be asked to send them back and wait for the salads we ordered.

If they had been 30min faster, had our order on point, and not come to check what we ordered and still fail they would have got 5 stars for sure!

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

I had a veggie burger in this cute little place. We were able to get a table right next to the canal which was awesome. The burger was increadibly tasty and it made you want more and more!
We also had an amazing iced orange juice to go with.
I would definitely recommend it!!