“Great Seafood”

Ondeugd
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Description: Klassieker in de Pijp, aan de drukke Ferdinand Bolstraat, waar je ?lekkere, maar soms wat fantasieloze gerechten kunt eten? in een mooie entourage die elk jaar wisselt. Het is er in ieder geval altijd druk, ?wat erop wijst dat wat je krijgt in orde is?; de prijs-kwaliteitverhouding is dan ook prima. ?Knus en hip tegelijk? is De Ondeugd al vele jaren een goede plek in de buurt, met ?gastvrijheid zoals je die in Amsterdam nog maar zelden ziet?.
Herentals, Belgium
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed 24 December 2012

If you like some seafood, a nice atmosphere, good wines to go with your meal, not too expensive menu's and nice friendly staff. Visit them! Only 50 metres from a a tram stop and very worth the visit!

Visited December 2012

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“If you like to be ignored this is your place”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

There are around 1,600 restaurants in Amsterdam and so being ranked over 1,000 really says something about you. I only wish restaurants like this would occasionally read their reviews rather than trade in blissful ignorance. Honestly you could learn something.

The occasion we visited we were wandering around looking for a suitable restaurant due to various food preferences and vegetarianism etc. so by the time we found this place we were all staving. It was relief that we had found a place we could all agree on. I wish we had starved a bit longer!

After they had agreed we could have a table for 5 people, the place was not super busy by the way, we were asked to wait in the bar area while the table was prepared. After standing there for over 15 minutes with no attention I asked if I could look at the wine menu. It took another 10 minutes before I was able to order wine. In the meantime we had been promised our table would be ready in a few minutes. It took 30 minutes for us to be seated. They did not even let us look at the menus until this point. You can imagine now some of us were ravinous, we could have eaten the table cloth! I can only hope and imagine that they are better if they are expecting you.

So how was the food. Well we were so hungry by this point I think it tasted better than it did. It was ok nothing so special. I had the ravoli starter which was flavoursome but lasted 3 secs. The fish of the day was sole and was cooked again nicely. The place is actually quite modern in decoration if not a bit too clinical inside. We were sat by a window and it was cold outside so we ended up being quite cold. They need some work on the temperature zoning.

My overriding experience of this place however is the truely woeful service. They actively ignore you. You can also see this from other reviews. So if it is your thing, being ignored go here you will have a ball!

• Visited October 2012
Ouderkerk aan de Amstel, The Netherlands
“Groupon letdown”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

After many years I took a leap of faith and decided to use a Groupon deal for the first time. What the heck, cheap maybe but what different could it be from a normal booking. We went to restaurant Ondeugd, a popular place we visited a long time ago. On arrival we noticed that the restaurant had been redecorated.
We where offered a Groupon menu. The starter was a corn cookie on a skewer. Saltless and greasy but we where hungry. Main course we could choose between pork and fish. Slip sole for the lady and a pork medallion for me. If you're not a fish lover or pork eater, you can have beef as a supplement.
The plates arrived and my wife cried, "These are the smallest soles I've ever seen!" No response from the waitress... Two fried fragments of fish stared back at my spouse. The plate looked very empty.
My medaillion was a tiny piece of pig, covered with bits of bacon and a tasty sause I must say.
For desert we could have chocolate. My wife does not eat anything cocoa related but as an alternative she could have a cheese platter instead but we had to pay extra.
Staff was friendly and quick.
Pity that a Groupon deal results in hideously small portions and that the choice is limited.

• Visited October 2012
“average”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I went to this restaurant on a Groupon deal. The food was good, but nothing spectacular. Our starter and dessert were good, but main was a bit of a disappointment: I had meat and my companion had salmon. Both were a bit boring and did not have any special flavors. When we arrived at 7pm, the restaurant was empty, but it did fill up by around 8-8:30pm in spite of it being Tuesday. I suggest, you book in advance if you plan to go there during the weekend. Restaurant decoration is minimalistic and modern. I have not seen the menu and most of the people around seemed to be having what we had. The service was okey, at the start it was very efficient but as soon as restaurant got a bit busier, the waitress seems to have disappeared. We wanted to pay and go home as my companion was a bit tired due to jet leg, but waitress was not there to bring us the bill and take out money. As said, it was great for a Groupon deal and if you see one once again, do check it out…However, I am not sure I would be willing to get back here and pay a full price.

• Visited May 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great atmosphere, great food!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We had a group dinner with 18 in total. They served a group menu at a very reasonable price with plenty of choice for each peference. Good wine, kind waiters and good service. They have redone the entire place lately which absolutely makes a big difference. Live paino music when we were there, not sure whether they have that every night or just on a few nights per week.

• Visited March 2012