“An awesome array of seafood greets you”

The Seafood Bar Spui
Ranked #96 of 4,402 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Our restaurant is currently under construction and will reopen around November 2017. In the mean time, we look forward welcoming you in our other two Seafood Bars.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed the meal and our server was great. Had razor clams for starters and then split fried cod and calmari with salad and fries as our main course. Dinner was very enjoyable. The only problem is it is hard to choose what NOT to have.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was looking forward to this restaurant after looking at all the pictures. It did not disappoint...even exceeding my very high expectations.

Everything we ate was maybe the freshest best tasting seafood we’ve ever had. My wife and I shared a calamari appetizer that was just amazing. So fresh and lightly breaded. Dipping sauce was finger licking delicious. For our main course we split the “seafood bar” platter; which seemed like it had every crustacean in the ocean. It was beautifully arranged and tasted better than it looked. Random winner in it all was the crab salad but everything was fantastic. Felt like we ate the entire ocean!

For dessert we shared the chocolate pie. Also great and a nice ending to a fantastic meal.

Make sure you make a reservation as they weren’t taking walk-ins on a Saturday night. Also, there are 4 locations. This review is for the Spui location.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is becoming a ritual. We always celebrate my husband’s birthday at the Seafood Bar. Excellent food. Outstanding service.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank nawal601
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We happened to walk by this centrally located restaurant and noticed someone eating razor clams. That is not a usual sight. So we decided to have lunch there. The outdoor tables are nice, but were all occupied. But inside is huge! Thank goodness there were 5 of us so we got to order a bunch of dishes for sharing. I highly recommend the mixed seafood platter. What an amazing value. Everything is so fresh and tasty, like it was just caught. They had a good wine list, very affordable as well. The service was impeccable, very fast and friendly. If you like seafood this place is a must!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food were being put on the table very quick at the same time. The problem is the way they “throw” the plates on our table make us feel really uncomfortable - just as same as a fast food restaurants, but at least in Mcdonald u pay less for a poorly treated services.

I look around other tables and I am quite sure only ours were being treated like this. Hate to use the “R” word but - is it just because we are Chinese ?

The overall expression I could felt from the waiter served us is he thoughts that we dun know how to enjoy food (more precisely he might think we are uncivilized?) and we will eat whatever they give. They tried to give us counter offer after our complaints but we did not take any. Totally not a problem on price or what.

Actually it is not that bad (food is good thought) but it is the last nite in Amsterdam. Kinda disappointed.
My partner work in a restaurant in a 5 star hotel, herself is also graduated with an degree in hotel management, knowledgable in F&B. She immediately pointed out we are being treated differently from white people table, as well as a tradiontional way of fine dining.

I think maybe you just dun pre-assume customer, say Asian, have no food knowledge at all.