“Average Italian, nothing special ”

Restaurant O Sole Mio
Ranked #813 of 4,181 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$6 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

After the mostly great reviews on here my friend and I thought we'd try it out...it was average Italian food, really nothing special. I wouldn't go again. The street it's located on is an entirely eating street full of many more Italian, Thai and Greek restaurants so try any other restaurant their first.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I searched all of tripadvisors italien and pizza restaurant reviews and found this treat. I really does not look like anything special from the outside, but we where pleasantly surprised with the service and the food. The service was especially friendly, authentic italian and attentive, reallye above average. The free bread was supplied immediately and we ordered margerita (5,5 euro), salami (7,5 euro) and other pizzas all under 11 euro, which is cheap in amsterdam. The pizzas was really big and tasted well. I suppose you can find better pizza, but at the price payed I would say that this is really a bargain for the price. The 6 os us (one child) came to 69 euro inkl. shared starters and large softdrinks. Really a bargain compared to other types of restaurants which I found to be of a higher price than expected. I would go here again.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Went here on our trip to Amsterdam after finding it on the TripAdvisor app whilst we were in the square. It does great Italian food at a great price 10euros for a huge plate of Taglitelle, penne, spagetthi and Lasagne around 11euros, pizzas from 8euros. All made fresh to order, however you like it. Very friendly staff, not too pushy like some of the other restaurants down the same road. Highly recommend if you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

a rainy day after rijksmuseum a lovely place! good pizza wine and "entree"! Olives, butter with butter were delicious!

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Pizza was ok, but a bit fast food style with heavy gouda... Typical tourist place nothing amazing....