“Well worth a visit!”

Price range: US$50 - US$173
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eastern Docklands (Oostelijk Havengebied)
Description: Fifteen restaurant in Amsterdam is an exciting offshoot of Jamie Oliver’s famous Fifteen London, a great example of one set of dynamic, generous people inspiring others to act. In this case, the ‘others’ are Sarriel Taus and Coen Alewijnse who have created this combination restaurant and chef’s school in partnership with Fifteen London to benefit the struggling young people of Amsterdam. So what’s it like at the dining end of the equation? Very cool. The arty cosmopolitan style includes vibrant graffiti-scrawled sheet metal walls contrasting nice with the smart, sleek modern lines, designer seating and white table cloths. The restaurant seats up to 200, yet can still feel right for an dinner a deux. Each night a tasting menu is on offer, inspired by Jamie Oliver incorporating only the freshest regional produce. The modern Italian menu changes weekly and includes one of Jamie’s favourite antipasti to start, a first dish of fresh pasta, gnocchi or risotto, second course of meat, fish, poultry or game, and, we’re quoting here, ‘a wicked dessert’. A wine tasting menu is available to match the food tasting menu, or choose your own from the excellent list.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The concept and thought behind it alone already justifies the visit but the food is truly great. Not the biggest choice of dishes and fairly simple dishes but prepared very good. Only disadvantage is the remote location and the building is not easy to find, apart from that: go and find out for yourself.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Fifteen was a bit difficult to find , not situated close to any other amenities.
Large roomy restaurant , staff were friendly & polite which is unusual for Amsterdam.
The food was quite good, and portions were filling.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

After years of watching Jamie on TV and buying several of his books, we were excited to finally eat at his restaurant. Everything about the experience disappointed me and I will never return.

When we arrived the place was empty. We were greeted by a friendly staff and escorted to a table. We ordered drinks and food everything seemed to be going well. The appetizers were tasty, but nothing special. Then we sat for 20 minutes waiting for them to clear the plates and bring the main course. Mind you, it was still empty, so the delay was a bit confusing. The delay gave us time to build up our expectations until I finally flagged down a waiter and asked after our food, informing him that we had only scheduled 1,5 hours for dinner and would have to leave in 20 minutes.

The waiter returned 5 minutes later with our food. Finally, we could begin! The steak was average, thin and lacked any garnishment. There were no side dishes. The fish was much worse. It was raw in the middle. When my wife pointed this out, the waiter claimed that this was how it was supposed to be. We protested and they agreed to make another. The second attempt arrived in 10 minutes, giving us 5 minutes to finish eating and leave.

In apology for the delay, the waiter offered a free coffee. Seeing as we only had 5 minutes and knowing it would take time to prepare, we immediately ordered the coffee and asked for the check. The fish was bland and buttery and again, no side dishes. After 5 minutes, the waiter seemed to have forgotten us again, so we walked to the cashier to pay. He seemed shocked to see us and said that the coffee wasn't yet ready. I declined the coffee and asked for the check. After printing it out, he realised we had been charged for the 'complimentary' coffee I never had. He corrected it and handed me a check for more than 100 euro. Two small appetizers, two disappointing mains and 4 glasses of wine: more than 100 euro.

Never again. Very disappointing.

1  Thank kasclark
Reviewed 25 April 2014

went here when it first opened 10 years ago. Loved it. Maybe since that day i've dramatically changed or this place has.
Great venue. Funky side of the city but £10 taxi from Amsterdam centre each way makes this seem a little dear for what you get.
Can't fault the staff at all, they're really good, polite and friendly and the manager knows his stuff as does the head chef. The restaurant is very cool and well planned and modern. The drinks are good and the bar area is funky,
Shame really is that it just isn't great. It's just ok and i think thats a pity. it isn't any better than loads and loads of run of the mill places in the city centre.
i think Jamie Oliver needs to visit and eat there (more often if he does already!)
Personally i won't go again. (sadly) i want this place to be brilliant i really do. it just isn't.
Save the taxi money (and Parking expense) and eat in the city. It's just not good enough. (sorry guys)
:-(

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was very sceptical after reading the latest comments about this restaurant. Nevertheless I gave it a try. It took two minutes until I got seated. After five minutes I received my perfectly prepared dry martini cocktail, a bottle of water, bread and butter. Facing the open kitchen, I could see how the (I assume the sous chef) overseas the restaurant and gave signs to the waiter that I was obviously ready to place my order. The marinated North Sea mackerel with red beets and apples was perfectly prepared, well balanced seasoning, not too sour not too salty, beautifully presented. The dry aged Simmertaler entrecôte was picture book like cooked with a nice medium even Color and not as sometimes found grey outside and rare centre. I couldn't resist to order the typical Jamie custard crumble served in a glass. A very nice Rioja wine, an espresso and a moscato grappa just made this evening just great. I have to say, a very attentive crew, smooth operation in the open kitchen, prompt service, excellent food and well prepared drinks surprised me. It is very strange, that some guests experienced a bad service and food just lately. With a good conscious, I can recommend this restaurant. We'll done guys.