“Wow, what can I say.”

Ranked #499 of 3,814 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Central American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Los Pilones was founded by three Mexican brothers who settled in Amsterdam in 2001. Their concept was to bring the REAL taste of traditional Mexican to Holland, using the best imported Mexican ingredients such as their own brand of salsas, chillis and tequila. No burritos or hard shell tacos can be found on the menu, just simple, authentic Mex-Mex cuisine. After 10 successful years in Amsterdam, the two Los Pilones' restaurants have developed into bright and bustling local hot-spots, attracting tourists and visitors from all over the world.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Wow, what can I say.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

3 days in amsterdam and we are here two of them days. (Just had to go back) My partner and I travel a lot and food is our passion. There is nothing that could have been improved, you MUST eat here if you are going to amsterdam. There are 3 but We ate at the one near the red light district. Portion sizes are generous, cocktails were fresh and lovely. If I could score it more I would.

• Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Providence, Rhode Island
“Good Mexican in Holland”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

To be honest, I was so hungry by the time that we got here that I could have eaten the furniture and been happy BUT as it turns out, I had the tacos and they were delicious! The beer was cold and the service was great, as was the atmosphere. I was quite pleasantly surprised to have such a good meal as my son, who lives in Amsterdam, states that the food has a long way to go. None of us were disappointed with Los Pilones!

Visited April 2014
“Excellent Mexican food in Amsterdam!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I'm from Texas so I know a little something about Mexican food. This place is the real deal! No comparison to any other so-called Mexican places in Amsterdam area. Food is excellent, drinks are excellent... try the margaritas, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Brian C
Paris, Londres
“Always a good time in los Pilones”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I lived in Mexico for a year and I find the real taste of Mexican food in Los Pilones.
It is a great place to meet up with friends and drink too much of their amazing Margaritas.
Just note it is a little pricey for tacos!

• Visited April 2014
Cancun, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real mexican food. Not TEX_MEX”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I'm mexican. This is the only place outside of México I've ever come across with where actual mexican food is served. With the ingredients and dishes mexicans actually eat and love. Excellent service, nice atmosphere. I recommend the choriqueso and enchiladas con mole ¡Truly delicioso! :D

• Visited April 2014